Preview RND 19 - Carlton v North Melbourne Saturday 24th July 1.45PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I'm calm, it's Friday, I've just been promoted and I'm ordering pizza tonight - As a 20-something in dystopian Melbourne lockdown #5 this is as good as it gets for me :tearsofjoy:

I'm just not having the negative attitude from posters - perhaps I'm not perceiving it correctly and am a little more offended than I should be at the suggestion that Norf could do us by 5+ goals. I don't know what I was expecting, maybe I thought everyone would raise their pitchforks with me but to be fair; we aren't ladder leaders so I guess anyone could do us by that on their day.

I'll be back a bit later as clearly I am making a dick of myself. Go Baggers and sorry to all those who have crossed my path in my flurry of posts this arvo
If you've watched them recently, you'll know they are playing well.

Missing our biggest game of the year with a sore toe really . He’s no Joel Selwood i questioned his heart 6 weeks back . All I can say is I told you he will let us down
One of the worst posts I've ever seen on BF.

I don’t like pile ons, can get a little savage with that on here sometimes, but...

Harry McKay will let us down? That’s what it’s come to? * me...🤦‍♂️

Did i say they announced it?

Yeah, you actually did in an earlier post

Unless someone hacked your account

Maybe there’ll be another late out (small fwd?) who Owies effectively replaces with Kemp coming in as the late in, so maybe wrong footing NM?
Just trying to make sense of Owies for McKay.

I’m still of this thinking, maybe just optimistic but think we could do with just a little more height in the team.

Kemp out of FF or the Jonesboy to pile on 6 goals from CHF. Pity that he’s so rattled in front of goals.

Not sure how Big Ben goes up forward but this crossed my mind earlier as well...

He doesn't have to be Harry, but if they parked him in the square we'd have to respect his height and make sure Jones or Weiters were close enough to contest.

They've then got Larkey at 198cm who is pretty handy on a long lead, and Zurhaar who lacks the KPF height but plays tall. And they're running a second ruckman in Xerri who comes in at 201cm as well.

Weiters on Ben, Jones on Larkey, Plowman and Willo drawing straws to decide who gets Zurhaar and who gets a 200cm resting ruckman...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone up for a surprise Charlie Curnow return?

Played Magoos last week, moving well, Ed's 200th... surfing during the week

Maybe the club will come out and tell us he is secretly 100%, they were just holding him for the perfect moment....

Pay the fine for adding a player who wasn't selected watch him kick 8 goals, then Harry returns next week and they lead us to a surprise 8th placed finish. 4 big weeks later Cripps (also now healthy and back to his best) hoists the premiership cup in front of a 100% packed MCG (after SCOMO finds 24m doses of Pfizer stuffed behind the couch and we all get back to normal).

Even Carlton supporters can still dream, can't we?
Hell, that story line moved faster than a Matthew Reilly "Scarecrow" epic. ;)

Without Harry, it’s a great opportunity to see how the coaching staff improvises to suit the players on the field. So far this year i haven’t been impressed with this aspect.

I agree - even coaches should have the ability to wave magic wands and make 170cm players play 200cm. Anyway I dont think there has been any training to suit your narrative considering lack of key position players. Thursday session has passed - can only instruct players without training it.

It's not all doom and gloom, missing Harry...

It should work to our advantage, it will make the emphasis on mids lowering their eyes and connecting with the loose player...
Like we did in the last quarter Vs the Pies...

Blues by 47 points

#nomorebombingballforward

Jones won’t play forward
Ben McKay won’t play forward

We may play Jack Martin out of the square, he’s a great kick an amazing contested mark. Some may say he’s small, but I reckon he is likely a similar height to Fev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back