Not open for further replies.

Zuribagger

Hopeful
May 6, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Jones won’t play forward
Ben McKay won’t play forward

We may play Jack Martin out of the square, he’s a great kick an amazing contested mark. Some may say he’s small, but I reckon he is likely a similar height to Fev.
Bring Fev back is not just a username then :)

Zuribagger

Hopeful
May 6, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I agree - even coaches should have the ability to wave magic wands and make 170cm players play 200cm. Anyway I dont think there has been any training to suit your narrative considering lack of key position players. Thursday session has passed - can only instruct players without training it.
No long high kicks into F50 would be a start. Surely our well-paid coaches will show us more than that though…

BringFevBack2021

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Bring Fev back is not just a username then :)
I loved him as a footballer. I distinctly remember the bombers comeback, I was at that game with my uncle and my Nonna was battling terminal cancer so it was a really nice outing to get my mind off of it. I wanted to go home as a young sulky kid but my uncle kept saying that Fev hadn’t touched it yet and if he got one before halftime then we have to stay.

Fev kicked eight that day, he took us to victory with 8 in just over a half of footy.

Anyway, a little off topic but I sincerely believe that game made me well and truly fall in love with Carlton. I romanticise moments like that and reckon we could pull out another famous victory this weekend with an unlikely hero taking McKay’s spot. Keep us in the hunt for an unlikely finals tilt.

Hunter 9

Debutant
Jun 13, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Cripps will most likely play full forward. I'd bring in Charlie. Curnow's are naturally fitness beast, you don't run a Rolls Royce in the reserves. Would be a Ferrari but his wheels are shot.

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Jones won’t play forward
Ben McKay won’t play forward

We may play Jack Martin out of the square, he’s a great kick an amazing contested mark. Some may say he’s small, but I reckon he is likely a similar height to Fev.

You could be right with JM. Not a great set kick for goal however.

Zuribagger

Hopeful
May 6, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I loved him as a footballer. I distinctly remember the bombers comeback, I was at that game with my uncle and my Nonna was battling terminal cancer so it was a really nice outing to get my mind off of it. I wanted to go home as a young sulky kid but my uncle kept saying that Fev hadn’t touched it yet and if he got one before halftime then we have to stay.

Fev kicked eight that day, he took us to victory with 8 in just over a half of footy.

Anyway, a little off topic but I sincerely believe that game made me well and truly fall in love with Carlton. I romanticise moments like that and reckon we could pull out another famous victory this weekend with an unlikely hero taking McKay’s spot. Keep us in the hunt for an unlikely finals tilt.
He was an inspirational figure. Miss him too.

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Would happily see Cripps play FF all day. I think we win because we’ve picked a high endurance (bar Dow) midfield that will pressure their kicking big time. We are the best intercept backline in the comp. there are more than enough smart pests in our forward line to make a mess of them. Martin, SPS, Fish, Betts. Cripps will kick two. And not get out marked.

Very confident.

Garters

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Starting to regret using that phrase hahah.

Guess I’m just of the view that he’s played well enough, on enough occasions, to warrant inclusion into the team in place of guys who who have struggled in that spot in the senior side.
If we are really getting to where we want to be, these kids should not be getting a look in till 2 seasons of solid form before call up. If a couple of games of ok form warrants you being discussed as call up material then our depth / quality of list is a long way from where we need it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back