Game Day Rnd 19 Carlton vs Adelaide - Yep, there's a game on today

Remove this Banner Ad

Betts has one year. Gibbs 2.

But go read my post. I said we had $2M sitting in the reserves and you laughed it off as saying they were on “average salaries”.

I reckon we’d be in a better shape if that $2M was AFL quality don’t you? Maybe this wouldn’t have been the worst month you can remember.

But further to having older players on long term deals, how many years left for Jenkins, Tex, Lynch and Sloane? How do you think that will finish up?

That's different than playing in the SANFL.

So apologies for the half wit crap, out of line and pretty petty.

I wasn't laughing off them playing in the SANFL, but that article was a beat up, their salaries are irrelevant we should be dropping underperforming players. $2m could be spent on 2nd year rookies without blinking an eye, At our club that would be SANFL.

Tex, Lynch and Sloane? Walker is my main concern, JJs contract is far worse.

We've s**t the bed completely. I have no doubt.

I wasn't laughing off them playing in the SANFL, but that article was a beat up, their salaries are irrelevant we should be dropping underperforming players. $2m could be spent on 2nd year rookies without blinking an eye, At our club that would be SANFL.

Our forward line

Attachments

• ziggyc9o6t801.jpg
    ziggyc9o6t801.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 177

No worries.

But it wasn’t a beat up. We wouldn’t get close to paying $2M on 5 young players and it’s a symptom of exactly what’s wrong with our club. We keep old guys for one year too many, see Douglas and Thommo. We have to give older guys long term deals to keep them.

JJ will be an issue. Tex will be an issue. Lynch will go down hill quick I reckon especially if he continues to cop injuries. Sloane has 4 years left doesn’t he? He can’t beat a tag now, what’s he going to be like in 2 years? Where we going to hide him?

All of those players are on big money.

Now look at who we’ve lost that was young because we wouldn’t pay them more, Cameron, Lever and Gov.

Cameron and Gov in our forward line changes the dynamic massively.

We can bag Lever but he’s quality.

No worries.

But it wasn’t a beat up. We wouldn’t get close to paying $2M on 5 young players and it’s a symptom of exactly what’s wrong with our club. We keep old guys for one year too many, see Douglas and Thommo. We have to give older guys long term deals to keep them.

JJ will be an issue. Tex will be an issue. Lynch will go down hill quick I reckon especially if he continues to cop injuries. Sloane has 4 years left doesn’t he? He can’t beat a tag now, what’s he going to be like in 2 years? Where we going to hide him?

All of those players are on big money.

Now look at who we’ve lost that was young because we wouldn’t pay them more, Cameron, Lever and Gov.

Cameron and Gov in our forward line changes the dynamic massively.

We can bag Lever but he’s quality.

We were never keeping those three players with salary cap, never ever.

They were * ups beyond payment.

Our list stinks because the administration of AFC has lost its ruthlessness that pushed out Hart, Torney etc when too ood.

We are being run by amateurs. (Although I'd have Fagan in a role not related to footy, whatever he's doing with esports and bite etc)

We also talk up our development, I know McAdam has had injuries but has he looked at patch of the player who came from eating pies in the amateur league to gunning for Sturt?
I think it's clear he was a another con job.

Won't play 50 games for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's funny because I think Walsh ays pretty similarly to the way Cornes did. Lots of touches, not that much impact

About a player who had 16 contested possessions and 7 clearances on Saturday?

Wow.

To put that further in perspective that's more contested football than any Adelaide player on the day; indeed more than Crouch and Crouch put together. Add 7 clearances, the same number as Adelaide's highest clearance winner on the day.

That's pretty high end "stat padding".

You guys don't see the kid play every week, which is fair enough. His improvement curve over the season (and the last 6 weeks in particular) is staggering - particularly given the high start point.

The fast developing partnership between Walsh and Cripps is going to give all oppositions nightmares over the coming years.

About a player who had 16 contested possessions and 7 clearances on Saturday?

Wow.

To put that further in perspective that's more contested football than any Adelaide player on the day; indeed more than Crouch and Crouch put together. Add 7 clearances, the same number as Adelaide's highest clearance winner on the day.

That's pretty high end "stat padding".

You guys don't see the kid play every week, which is fair enough. His improvement curve over the season (and the last 6 weeks in particular) is staggering - particularly given the high start point.

The fast developing partnership between Walsh and Cripps is going to give all oppositions nightmares over the coming years.
True - I didn't watch the game on the weekend, so didn't see that performance. And (thankfully) Carlton don't have any Friday night games this year, so I've only seen him play a couple of times, but he did seem to get the ball uncontested and fairly wide. A few short kicks and not much 'damage' done.

No doubt he will be a very good player, and good to hear his inside game has improved over the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back