Review Rnd 19 Review : Cats def Dogs at Skilled Stadium aka Kardinia Park

Remove this Banner Ad

aaah.. cant help people who feel the need to have the last word... Well I guess we can help them find their way out of our forum. Generally if you are an opposition supporter, be gracious and accept that not everyone here in defeat is going to be accommodating to condescending comments.

That's rubbish. People were paying him out from selection. MC knows more than anyone here.

You should know by now Bigfooty people believe the MC should not exist because we members should have the executive powers to make changes. Why do you think people are so drawn to a fictional topic such as the ins and outs? I mean we can't do anything about the changes but we get really pissy if our "suggestions" aren't taken on board by the MC. I mean what do these fools in the MC know about the players and footy?!

The rubbish was for the people agreeing on why he was picked. A lot were scathing.
There were plenty that knew. I was one of the more scathing ones but I knew exactly why he was picked. I just didn't agree.
Probably best not to lump everyone together and insult them as one if that's not what you meant to do. It's disrespectful.

So it's okay to question the MC but it's not okay to question the people questioning the MC?

You can't excuse one end of the spectrum and condemn the other. When people post images of white flags and accuse the MC of signalling defeat and others basically lose their nut due to a very sensible selection, questions should he raised.

Dude, we don't talk about stuff like that! We must be allowed to demand changes and complain when our demands aren't met. It's the Bigfooty way. Personally, I avoid the Changes thread until official team changes are in. Then I enjoy the meltdowns when the changes that have been asked for don't appear.

There were plenty that knew. I was one of the more scathing ones but I knew exactly why he was picked. I just didn't agree.
Probably best not to lump everyone together and insult them as one if that's not what you meant to do. It's disrespectful.
Possibly it is. But don't for a minute think the other end of the scale is any different. Saying we gave up based on selection is far worse in my mind.

Dude, we don't talk about stuff like that! We must be allowed to demand changes and complain when our demands aren't met. It's the Bigfooty way. Personally, I avoid the Changes thread until official team changes are in. Then I enjoy the meltdowns when the changes that have been asked for don't appear.
Yeah you're probably right.

Possibly it is. But don't for a minute think the other end of the scale is any different. Saying we gave up based on selection is far worse in my mind.
Who's defending that?
You lumped everybody together. And insulted us all. Call out the posts you don't like directly if that's what you want to address. Don't hide behind a general comment whacking everyone who vaguely agreed with a position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's defending that?
You lumped everybody together. And insulted us all. Call out the posts you don't like directly if that's what you want to address. Don't hide behind a general comment whacking everyone who vaguely agreed with a position.
You lumped everyone in.
I said "many outside the club" so I wasn't singling individual posters or directly insulting anyone. If you take that as everyone and yourself then that's on you.

You lumped everyone in.
I said "many outside the club" so I wasn't singling individual posters or directly insulting anyone. If you take that as everyone and yourself then that's on you.
It's my fault you don't want to confront people you disagree with directly and prefer to hide behind "general" posts? Okay mate...

Say what you want about me but at least I give people the respect of a direct discussion.
Anyway best leave it there. Have a good one.

I love Jimmy and stood up and clapped his goal in amongst the Geelong fans. As for Danger just abandoned his team last year, I've no time for those big egos that go to other clubs. Callan Ward, Ryan Griffen, Chris Judd, etc all have character flaws, lack of loyalty.
Well written Freshwater, I am with you on the disloyal greedy shitheads that leave their clubs and go seeking better pastures.

You both clearly did not think through your comments, unless of course
those greedy disloyal shits come to the Bulldogs.:rolleyes::oops:

Note- Don't drink and post.;)
Perfectly fine if they come to us. A sign of good character, realising their true home is at VU Whitten Oval.

So so impressed with Dunkley. One touch player. Great overhead. Tackles like a lunatic. Makes great decisions. Smart, tough, great size and knows where the goals are. Sold.
And the scary thing is the minute weaknesses in his game - sometimes the pace of the game was a bit much, like tackling pressure came on him a bit quicker than expected or he gave the ball to a teammate without realising that they were also under pressure - are completely understandable for a first year player with only half a dozen games under his belt. He might only really need to play even a half dozen more to adjust to the pace and he'll be significantly better again.

I watched the game on tv and saw it a bit differently to some. My opinions are ;-

We lost because Geelong's forward line was more efficient and injuries stuffed our game plan. Even before the injuries i thought they were playing better - their goals just came more easily.

The MC made an error in putting Hamling in. He was completely ineffectual as a forward. What caused me the most angst was what looked from the comfort of my lounge room to be a complete lack of desperation and effort from him. He has been out for months why wouldn't he force his way into every contest?

Koby Stevens - what can i say. I know some on here love him but i just dont see it. Not a lot of possessions, poor decision making and the awareness of those krill blue whales eat. Posters have said he has played good games in the past but they must have been interstate or i was watching that trouble in Tiananmin Square and missed it. Maybe have flashing alerts on BF when it does happen - i will wait.

Lin Jong - i am losing patience. I get that he has the attributes but using them to just jog after the ball all night is not what i want to see. I thought Clay Smith was quiet and Picken was ok but i was hoping one of those three would take charge when Libba went down bit it did not happen. (I could have said one of those four would take charge but you know my thoughts on Koby). Dahlhaus - great first quarter, then quiet, hope he is better for the run.

Biggs - its a case of taking the good with the bad, my concern is that the bad will be heavily punished against the good teams in September.

The Good

The Bont - just very special. so special that now when he plays very well, it is described as "a typical game from Bontempelli"

Caleb Daniel - is a very good player, just a bit quieter than usual. A few tackles didnt stick but he is heavily outweighed every time.

Zaine Cordy - i thought there were some good signs. I know he had a few goals kicked on him but it was good to see a tall defender attack the ball and win the contest (comment not aimed at anyone in particular)

I watched the game on tv and saw it a bit differently to some. My opinions are ;-
We lost because Geelong's forward line was more efficient and injuries stuffed our game plan. Even before the injuries i thought they were playing better - their goals just came more easily.

The MC made an error in putting Hamling in. He was completely ineffectual as a forward. What caused me the most angst was what looked from the comfort of my lounge room to be a complete lack of desperation and effort from him. He has been out for months why wouldn't he force his way into every contest?

Koby Stevens - what can i say. I know some on here love him but i just dont see it. Not a lot of possessions, poor decision making and the awareness of those krill blue whales eat. Posters have said he has played good games in the past but they must have been interstate or i was watching that trouble in Tiananmin Square and missed it. Maybe have flashing alerts on BF when it does happen - i will wait.

Lin Jong - i am losing patience. I get that he has the attributes but using them to just jog after the ball all night is not what i want to see. I thought Clay Smith was quiet and Picken was ok but i was hoping one of those three would take charge when Libba went down bit it did not happen. (I could have said one of those four would take charge but you know my thoughts on Koby). Dahlhaus - great first quarter, then quiet, hope he is better for the run.

Biggs - its a case of taking the good with the bad, my concern is that the bad will be heavily punished against the good teams in September.

The Good

The Bont - just very special. so special that now when he plays very well, it is described as "a typical game from Bontempelli"

Caleb Daniel - is a very good player, just a bit quieter than usual. A few tackles didnt stick but he is heavily outweighed every time.

Zaine Cordy - i thought there were some good signs. I know he had a few goals kicked on him but it was good to see a tall defender attack the ball and win the contest (comment not aimed at anyone in particular)

Biggs worries me too. Has good games but makes some really ordinary decisions and skill errors. Has fans here but I see him as 22-26 at full strength.

The Good

Just on Hamling, from my perspective at the ground, his effort early was very good. Did a lot of hard running, very rigid leading patterns, continuous movement and presented well. Deserved a free kick about 30m out early and was burned by poor kick inside 50 not long after. I think that was all we could've hoped to get from him but it just didn't fall his way, he tried hard but it's an uphill battle when you are relying on effort almost exclusively. Cordy looked the better option up both ends over 4 quarters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back