Preview Rnd 2 - Carlton v Melbourne Saturday 13th June 4.35PM @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
carlton-melbourne games of note I can recall and witnessed - the kreuzer cup, the bruise-free footy game, beating us in the last game at pp, that 2000 final.....
Add 88 PF and 94 QF to that list for me....

We really do have a very poor record against them in games that matter. Our only "win" was actually a loss (Kreuzer cup).
It's surprising they aren't one of our more hated rivals.

When was the last time we beat them in a game that mattered? I know we have pinched a few late in seasons when we have been out of contention. We also seem to rarely play them early on in seasons. I remember we did play them in round 2, 2017 and it was close. JSOS missed an easy shot to put us in front in the last and then we fell away.

As others have said. I really like Pittonet and Casboult smashing into Gawn.
Big Harry has become massive Harry and i really would like to see him leading hard out of the square.
Betts should be a handy inclusion of course.
I wonder if anyone has really shone out the last few weeks at training. Would not mind it if Stocker was selected for example, of course only if he deserves it.
Yesterday was everyone’s first official full contact hitout, you would get a lot more answers from this than small groups of light training drills SS, boys only have a few times a week for the next 3 weeks too impress for a spot against Melbourne...

Add 88 PF and 94 QF to that list for me....

We really do have a very poor record against them in games that matter. Our only "win" was actually a loss (Kreuzer cup).
It's surprising they aren't one of our more hated rivals.

When was the last time we beat them in a game that mattered? I know we have pinched a few late in seasons when we have been out of contention. We also seem to rarely play them early on in seasons. I remember we did play them in round 2, 2017 and it was close. JSOS missed an easy shot to put us in front in the last and then we fell away.
Yep another team i can’t cop, the list is very long...

Phillips might be regretting his decision to move on at this point in time. He would have been the next choice with Kreuzer going down. Not playing now with Bellchambers fit.

IIRC, he only moved because Essendon offered him a two year deal, whereas we only offered him one.

Yep another team i can’t cop, the list is very long...
I just did a quick check on AFL Tables. We did beat them twice in 2006, including round 1.
Unfortunately we won one other game for the year. Plus a draw (Both v *).
I wonder how often a team would have had 67% of it's wins for the year, against the same opposition?

I just did a quick check on AFL Tables. We did beat them twice in 2006, including round 1.
Unfortunately we won one other game for the year. Plus a draw (Both v *).
I wonder how often a team would have had 67% of it's wins for the year, against the same opposition?
Yeah wouldn’t be many, there are certain teams that tend too have some kind of spell over particular clubs no matter where they on the ladder...

giphy.gif

When was the last time we played in a game that mattered?

IIRC, he only moved because Essendon offered him a two year deal, whereas we only offered him one.

Yeah he's done alright Phillips, 10 years on an AFL list as a backup ruckman - would have been stupid to stay with us when someone else offers more years. Plus Bellchambers never plays a full season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

last game at princes park - bastards- that really hurt

Yeah that game was already mentioned in the post I quoted, I was just adding these to the list.
You would think kicking 6.6 to 0.3 in the final quarter would have been enough to be competitive!
At least we can say we dominated the last ever quarter at Princes Park.

Yeah, point being that if he'd decided to stick it out we wouldn't have Pittonet and he'd be looking to play the whole season in the firsts. Not that fussed myself.

Yeah he's done alright Phillips, 10 years on an AFL list as a backup ruckman - would have been stupid to stay with us when someone else offers more years. Plus Bellchambers never plays a full season
Plenty of * supporters ( well I only really know of Roco, the bloke who gave himself a nickname. Such a * thing to do) were of the view that Philips was infront of TBC what Sauce had dished up in the preseason an first round. TBC is very much a 10-16th best ruckman in the league.

With 16min quarters we can’t go in too tall. I think the shortened quarters will favour small running games.

As much as I want TDK in, we can’t let him go up against Gawn. I’d play Pittonet and tell him to hit the body and rough him up at every chance.
Doesn't more run generally show up more late in quarters/games? Not sure that shorter quarters would increase any advantage.

Backs: Plowman Jones Simpson
H-Backs: Docherty Weitering SPS
Centres: Walsh Cripps Newnes
H-Forwards: Martin Casboult Cuningham
F-Forwards: Betts Mckay McGovern
Rucks: Pittonet Murphy Ed Curnow
I/C: Gibbons Setterfield JSOS LOB

Can't see Newnes not being involved in this one.

We haven't brought him in to sit on the sidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back