Preview Rnd 2 - Carlton v Melbourne Saturday 13th June 4.35PM @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as McGovern isn’t lazy, puts in multiple leads, picks up defensively and works with the other 2 big men to create space and not fight for the same ball, etc. :thumbsu:
That needs to be the entire forward half, start pressuring, locking it in and creating turnovers... Creating more goals makes us more difficult and dangerous ..

Agree. Line up just looks right.

Would love to see SPS played through the middle but expect him to line up in defence.

Yeah I agree he needs to be around the centre.

We need better ball use inside 50 to really put the heat on. Long bombs only get you so far. With doc back not sure we Need him for quality exits out of the defence like we did last year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope I get slammed in the future for this post but ime wait and see what Betts actually delivers for the season let alone next game.
I do love him remember when got drafted the picture in the herald sun was oh what a feeling jump in the air shot he looked so happy I thought who is this character
I unfortunately have some doubts

I hope I get slammed in the future for this post but ime wait and see what Betts actually delivers for the season let alone next game.
I do love him remember when got drafted the picture in the herald sun was oh what a feeling jump in the air shot he looked so happy I thought who is this character
Don't go shooting Bambi.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You don't forget how to play, as long as his body doesn't let him down he will cause headaches.

I just hope we can get the ball into the forward line enough via some nice delivery.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The 2018, 2019 Betts looked finished.
You could just see that he was not happy there and I too was not excited about getting him back.
The Crows have had serious morale issues that are still ongoing that looking from outside probably
affected him more than most.

To his credit though he looks fitter, more energised and loving being back.. Putting the Navy back on has re booted him and a short season
will suit him.
I have changed my tune and am confident he will have a real impact on and off the field .
He will enjoy being the elder statesman and the influence and wisdom he will impart on some of our kids
will be very beneficial.

I really want to see him have short bursts on the ball where his diminishing pace would not be such a factor.
His clearance/stoppage work is still first class, so clean and creative.

On paper. Let's see how well they gel.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
yeah they need to gel and deliver. i think it is a matter of time for that to happen at a high enough level. having betts and martin gives me more confidence that it will happen soon. as we saw in r1, martin did quiete a bit on his own. throw betts and mckay into the mix you all of a sudden have a very good group that should be able to work well together

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah they need to gel and deliver. i think it is a matter of time for that to happen at a high enough level. having betts and martin gives me more confidence that it will happen soon. as we saw in r1, martin did quiete a bit on his own. throw betts and mckay into the mix you all of a sudden have a very good group that should be able to work well together

It’s just finally they’re all dynamic and dangerous in their own right. I’m hoping for a big improvement from gov as I think he’ll enjoy not being the focal forward.

Going to make some hard matchups

The 2018, 2019 Betts looked finished.
You could just see that he was not happy there and I too was not excited about getting him back.
The Crows have had serious morale issues that are still ongoing that looking from outside probably
affected him more than most.

To his credit though he looks fitter, more energised and loving being back.. Putting the Navy back on has re booted him and a short season
will suit him.
I have changed my tune and am confident he will have a real impact on and off the field .
He will enjoy being the elder statesman and the influence and wisdom he will impart on some of our kids
will be very beneficial.

I really want to see him have short bursts on the ball where his diminishing pace would not be such a factor.
His clearance/stoppage work is still first class, so clean and creative.
The 2018-19 Betts looked finished at Adelaide.

Pretty keen to go in with the players we have available.

Probably only Curnow missing from the forward line and that's it.

Kreuzer is probably in most people's best 22 but with Gawn as the opposition I feel Pittonett may just be our best option out of the 3. Kreuzer has been ok and has touched up some average rucks but has been consistently beaten by the better rucks of recent seasons. A younger and aggressive Pittonett who will put on a defensive and physical contest appeals to me. Levi of course will do the same but he'll probably push forward and force Gawn to defend, make him work.

The makeup of the side is going to be interesting. I want to see Murphy play on a wing but that means someone has to step up in the center.

Deas seem a very inside team so we have to at least break even there and beat them on the outside.

We should be winning this game if we're any good at all.

The forwardline need a midfield that can deliver the ball

The forwardline need a midfield that can deliver the ball

I agree that this would be the ideal,

But I think previously our bomb it long technique (if you’d call it that) hasn’t worked due our lack of dangerous forwards. Meaning that at any given time defenders can just zone off and team up on the tall guy, put in a smart block and intercept.

In saying all that though, some good service would be nice. SPS up to wing I reckon.

Pittonet after getting smashed by Max in the first quarter will ferociously knock that stupid blonde mohawk thing off his head in the second earning himself 4 weeks on the sidelines but in doing so sacrifice himself for a team win and open the door for the King to appear against the cats at the cattery.
Terrible idea. Hated players from other teams doing it to our players (cough *hodge* cough), would be extremely disappointed if ours went down the same path. Beat them at the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back