Preview Rnd 2 - Carlton V Port Adelaide Saturday 30th March 5.10PM @ Adelaide Oval - TEAM - Post #727

Status
Not open for further replies.

euphegenia

Debutant
Sep 4, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Port were good yesterday but they are definitely gettable. Not a top 8 side IMO.
Yeh, you can count on the good teams to bring Port crashing back down to earth but with us - we are better at playing the opposition into form or earning them the title of flag favorites. Sry for the pessimism. I saw nothing on Thursday night or Saturday showing me that we can beat them unless they forget to turn up. IMO we are a bottom 2 to 4 side. Bar GC (if), all our wins will be upsets in some respects.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Also keep your eye out on the social media, the last few years we have had player meet and greets the morning after the match :)
If the AFLW GF is on in Adelaide, I think it'll be tied to that, at best. If it's in Melbourne, expect them to get home and support the girls.

Zlatan

Premiership Player
Dec 10, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Watched the Port game yesterday. Players like Butters and Duursma (2nd gamers, I know) are going to chop our midfield up if we’re not 2 way running.

The Flying Doormat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2008
Carrickalinga
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tranmere Rovers
What’s the function ? We’re heading over for the game so I’m interested

From the members email

"Come and join the SA Blues next Saturday before the boys take on Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval.

WHEN
Saturday 30 March | 1:00pm

WHERE
Cathedral Hotel – 45 Kermode St, North Adelaide

COST
Members $10 (with membership card) | Non-members $20

There will be finger food, guest speakers, an auction and a raffle throughout the afternoon.

All are welcome to join us for a brief committee meeting at 12:30pm prior to the event.
Cathedral Hotel has multiple screens to watch the footy, so you won’t miss any of the action!

The SA Blues remain committed to uniting our supporters here, as we come together to watch the footy in a family-friendly environment and cheer on the Blues."

BlueView

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Watts was huge for them yesterday we can’t allow him to get away with that sort of performance against us, need to make him accountable. We should have them stretched defensively

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
Watts was huge for them yesterday we can’t allow him to get away with that sort of performance against us, need to make him accountable. We should have them stretched defensively
Don’t worry. He’s played his one good game for the season.

Aug 17, 2016
GOLD COAST
AFL Club
Carlton
At Adelaide Oval i simply dont like the odds...we have had some solid defeats down there at times...by...[35 points round 2 2019]
Round 1 showed us where we are at....

-List recovering with some nice trades and draft maturing but still not able to execute an AFL elite format consistently-fitness issues not run out 4 solid quarters-size and strength of players dont not look good enough - The coach needs to be more passionate and fire up A LOT MORE we need some passion-

Bolton need to be monitored for his suitablity....he no doubt is good but we may need him to become more aggressive in approach,we need to break the ice and get some confidence back.........

At Adelaide Oval i simply dont like the odds...we have had some solid defeats down there at times...by...[35 points round 2 2019]
Round 1 showed us where we are at....

-List recovering with some nice trades and draft maturing but still not able to execute an AFL elite format consistently-fitness issues not run out 4 solid quarters-size and strength of players dont not look good enough - The coach needs to be more passionate and fire up A LOT MORE we need some passion-

Bolton need to be monitored for his suitablity....he no doubt is good but we may need him to become more aggressive in approach,we need to break the ice and get some confidence back.........
Settle,it’s only round 1 plenty of teams looked rusty yesterday as well

bluemahogany

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Miami Heat, Manchester United
At this stage I think we are a tall short, unless MM goes back, which is not ideal

Weitering v Westhoff
Plowman v Watts
Jones v Ryder/Lycett

Newman v Gray

Leaves Marshall

Goddard might get a gig this week

Wish Macreadie and or Marchbank were fit
Watts is playing half back. Didn't go forward at all yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back