AFL Autopsy Rnd 2: Down and out in Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

That vision on AFL.com of the defensive effort was damming. Essendon players for a long time now have demonstrated a complete lack of accountability and football smarts. And if this becomes another ‘players are still learning the gameplan’, I think I’ll spew. The entire club is literally below mediocre. Something desperately needs to happen with the club hierarchy that will instill change. Truck looks lost already. To think the club still has the likes of Dodoro, Sheedy and Harvey walking the corridors in official capacities is sad. No one inside the clubs wants to change.
As for the players, we have to move on from Hurley, Hooker, Lav, Zaka, Gleeeson etc. they are not the future.
God I feel sad!

That vision on AFL.com of the defensive effort was damming. Essendon players for a long time now have demonstrated a complete lack of accountability and football smarts. And if this becomes another ‘players are still learning the gameplan’, I think I’ll spew. The entire club is literally below mediocre. Something desperately needs to happen with the club hierarchy that will instill change. Truck looks lost already. To think the club still has the likes of Dodoro, Sheedy and Harvey walking the corridors in official capacities is sad. No one inside the clubs wants to change.
As for the players, we have to move on from Hurley, Hooker, Lav, Zaka, Gleeeson etc. they are not the future.
God I feel sad!
Was about to post that vision. Did not look good at all from behind the goals.

God I feel sad!
At the end of the chain we're defending a pocket and leaving a paddock in front of goal. Dumb football.
If we're gonna give up the numbers in defence, at least push the opposition wide for their set shots.

Perky Nipples
This is one of the ******* worst nicknames for a player ever, just ridiculous.
Worse than "Champagne Ham #5" or whatever the * it was.

Stop.

Same thoughts as most, Port are 10x better than us and we were never going to win - but that doesn’t mean they can just give up. There’s absolutely no reason to have guys like Cutler and Gleeson out there, play the damn kids.

I don't understand how the players can notice the annoying antics of Fanta-SIYA's backstabbing arrogance and not put an effort to the last tooth and nail to upshow him and Port. Such an insipid show of heart.

If we ever become an accountable and consistent team on the way to success then I don't want nothing sooner than to stick it into that little prick and never let him forget.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heppell is our captain. Do you want me to start.
We haven't got a bad list but it needs leadership both on and off field.

What date is the national draft.....more interested in watching the U/18 comp
I thought the same thing, but then started wondering if the top end U/18 talent might start tanking their performances to hide their talent and avoid being taken at pick #1 / 2 where a career at EFC awaits...

Guelfi maybe if the rumours of him being homesick are true.

Maybe just a slip from Parish. I just don’t understand liking a post from their opponent after a really embarrassing/ poor loss.
The players don't have the angst that we supporters do when a player leaves the club. Raz wanted to go home. He was upfront about that. Many of the guys at Essendon will be mates with him. Move on. There is noting in some guys liking his post.

I thought the same thing, but then started wondering if the top end U/18 talent might start tanking their performances to hide their talent and avoid being taken at pick #1 / 2 where a career at EFC awaits...
I highly doubt it. Isn't an initial contract only 2 years anyway. Then it's onwards and upwards.☹

As if. Kids just want to get a chance to play AFL.

Guelfi maybe if the rumours of him being homesick are true.

Maybe just a slip from Parish. I just don’t understand liking a post from their opponent after a really embarrassing/ poor loss.

Yeah I agree. Like I won't lose sleep over it, but it's a sign of disrespect to the club, plain and simple. I know there'd be a fair few out there more annoyed than I.

The players don't have the angst that we supporters do when a player leaves the club. Raz wanted to go home. He was upfront about that. Many of the guys at Essendon will be mates with him. Move on. There is noting in some guys liking his post.
Just like there was nothing in Joe Daniher's coffee with Tom Harley.

Not saying it's definitive or anything, but certainly not good optics. Even if you were mates with an ex-player - you'd have to be pretty bloody stupid to think of all posts, that one was an appropriate one to like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back