Game Day RND 2 V Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

We've won 4 flags in 32 years, Fremantle have won 0 flags in 25 years.

When are they supposed to catch up?
Freo won't win a flag in the next 25 years, either. That's why their girls have to run around kissing their jumpers when they score a goal against a team that's been in the comp for 10 minutes.

If I knew the girl who ran onto the oval yesterday was about stopping cruelty to animals, I would have ran out and joined her...and ran off even faster when the message to stay off the oval or face a $12,000 fine flashed on the screens.

Freo won't win a flag in the next 25 years, either. That's why their girls have to run around kissing their jumpers when they score a goal against a team that's been in the comp for 10 minutes.

Bit much that I thought, though I've no idea who she is or whether any additional context existed for her to carry on a bit.

Freo players were bigger and stronger, they also had a functioning forward line...ours was non existent.
Freo girls just played better footy as well.

Much better with their positional play, hunting the ball carrier - ably abetted by the West Coast girls complete aversion to physical contact when they weren't tackling and skill execution.

Some soul searching will be going on at Lathlain this week.

Bit much that I thought, though I've no idea who she is or whether any additional context existed for her to carry on a bit.
Animal activist evidently and if Brian May or Jared Leto had been there and also run out onto the oval it would have made for a bigger exhibition that the footy I saw.

Freo girls just played better footy as well.

Much better with their positional play, hunting the ball carrier - ably abetted by the West Coast girls complete aversion to physical contact when they weren't tackling and skill execution.

Some soul searching will be going on at Lathlain this week.
Hopefully some dropping of players as well.

Yep has to happen.

Bonser, McGuire & Davidson have to be close
I was a bit shocked they didn't start in the team. How anyone could select Devlin ahead of McGuire is beyond me.
Orme didn't show much, and Gibson has to be close to getting dropped as well.

I would love to see Bartlett up forward, but I doubt her style of play will work in our team as its playing at the moment, or maybe its just what we need, who knows.

I also think Freo will be close to, if not clearly, the best team in the comp, so lets not panic to much about the belting, I think they will be doing that to a few teams.

Fixtures suck established side Freo get 3 games at home before travelling interstate while startup team with lack of travelling routine gets 2 away games ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think our alternating home/away fixture will help our travel routine, not hinder it

Freo players were bigger and stronger, they also had a functioning forward line...ours was non existent.
Not hard to understand why that is the case.

As WCE supporters we have most certainly had a great run with our men's side ( and may that last forever).

Now that ewe are 2nd in line with the Women we need to display a sense of patience and understanding. I'm not saying we can't be disappointed however our expectations? Probably a little high at the minute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not hard to understand why that is the case.

As WCE supporters we have most certainly had a great run with our men's side ( and may that last forever).

Now that ewe are 2nd in line with the Women we need to display a sense of patience and understanding. I'm not saying we can't be disappointed however our expectations? Probably a little high at the minute.
Let's keep our disappointment measured. We have 2 home games against the Suns and the Saints. We will have a better feeling for where we sit after those games.

Meanwhile, I would like to think we hold our heads high, realise there is a major gulf that will take 3 drafts and at least 2 seasons to fix and then back our club in.

Some of the reactions from posters have made me feel Freo like which is a standard I for one will not be dropping down to. We can do better.

Don't forget your votes people!!

Eventually it will but would have preferred the Derby in Rd 4 it was a really tough ask for Wce girls to prepare for a Derby after their first road trip..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Like I tell my two aspiring footballers at home:

"The strongest steel is forged by the fires of hell"

The ladies will be better for the experience.

Bonser & Davidson likely but I’d be surprised if McGuire got a game.
Whats the crack here?

She looked ok at the Jan Cooper Cup, admittedly didn't set the world on fire. Much better than Mhicca Carter - who REALLY struggled with that pace at that level..... Coaches not happy?

Having been at the game yesterday, you have something special in Perera, she was everywhere and was your best player without a doubt. Was a fun game to go to overall and the crowd really got into it. I will say though that Duffy's bump was completely unnecessary and I hope she gets done for it.
As a basketball fan I was very happy when we drafted Perera. For the same reasons I always disliked her in the WNBL I was excited about having her at the Eagles. Was too rough & reckless for basketball, but from a footy POV I knew at least she wouldn't be shirking too many contests (unlike a few of her timid teammates on the weekend). So I was paying extra attention to her. Personally I didn't think she was one of our best though. Not great discipline either for a defender.
This team is clearly a long term project and not just as far as developing the playing list goes. It also goes for the entire staff.
For that reason I'll be staying very patient with the whole thing.
The national talent pool has a long way to go and the way expansion is happening the number of AFLW players has been growing much too fast for the depth of talent to keep up. Realistically it will be another decade before the league is full of players who've been playing footy since they were kids. Not that I'm giving the Eagles a decade to be competitive, but I think that's around the time the standard of play across the league will be where we want it. (I'm in no way questioning the endeavour of today)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back