AFL Toast RND 2: Win Against the Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

must be the new supplements program
Shaq No GIF

All of the good stuff will be echoed as it should be. Two points more mine:
Is the club growing up and willing to make the tough call on Heppell.
It should have been Harry Jones today rather than Langford, if he can’t be the man now (in the absence of 2MP and Weid), perhaps he never will be.
For me, jones probably becomes 3rd fwd ahead of stringer.
So we still need a chf to emerge.

He does give us 4 qtrs of running and an engine that gets him all around the ground.

All of the good stuff will be echoed as it should be. Two points more mine:
Is the club growing up and willing to make the tough call on Heppell.
It should have been Harry Jones today rather than Langford, if he can’t be the man now (in the absence of 2MP and Weid), perhaps he never will be.
Has missed a fair bit of footy, is a young tall forward, needs some continuity be it in the seniors or VFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know a lot of people will dismiss it as 'only beating Gold Coast'. But they really came to play today and are a far cry from the easybeats they were in years past. It was actually quite a credible performance standing up to the pressure and with key outs.

I absolutely love what we did during the last draft and trade period.
Setterfield is a fantastic acquisition. Exactly what we needed for our midfield to balance us out. I think he had 3 run down tackles on Miller today. Fantastic Stuff. Its hard to believe Carlton let him go for a future 4th. He was just about bog today.
Weideman looks promising too and it was a pity he was a late out. We gave up very little for these 2.

Then Davey for 45 is outstanding value. He's just got it. His ability to cleanly gather the ball at pace is remarkable.

Also I loved seeing Langford absolutely dominate. He's been vastly underrated on here for a long time.

That's a very pleasing win. You measure the merit of a win against the quality of the opponent. Last week Hawks were rubbish, today we played a pretty decent team. Loved that we responded when seriously challenged, and continued to apply pressure to a very talented group of mids when they looked like taking game away from us. Hope BZT hadn't got a bad one, it would be super cruel when he has come on so well.
One sobering thought. Even though I think Suns are pretty handy, Sydney made them look second rate last week playing them on Sun's home ground. Still, one step at a time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back