Preview RND 20 - Carlton v St Kilda, Friday 30th July 7:50 PM @ Marvel Stadium - Team - Post #222

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

From my perspective, we're not playing finals spoiler in our final run of games, so let's blood a few kids who have been knocking right on a door that Teague and others have been trying to nail shut on them.

OUT: Williams (inj), Betts (inj), Owies (rest), Fisher, Cottrell, Newman
IN: Murphy, Honey, McKay, Ramsay, O'Brien, Kemp

FB:
Plowman Jones Stocker
HB: Saad Weitering Wiliamson
C: Walsh Dow O'Brien
HF:
Ramsay Silvagni SPS
FF: Martin McKay Honey

R:
TDK Cripps E.Curnow

Int: Kennedy, Newnes, Murphy, Kemp

EMG: Newman, C.Curnow, Carroll, Setterfield

Last edited:
Out: Williams (Inj), Betts (Inj/Rested), Cottrell, Williamson, Owies.

In: McKay, Curnow, Kemp, Honey, Ramsay.

Sub: Murphy

Anybody who’s carrying injuries or niggles including Martin, Saad should be rested.

Whoever needs surgery, put them in now.

No need to bring Harry back, but no issues with bringing Charlie in just to get the rustiness out for next year.

Martin, Williams, McGovernetc should be told flat out to start their fitness program for next year 1 minute after the season has ended. If they come back to the club in anything but immaculate fitness with the bodies of Greek gods, fine them the maximum amount you can every single day until they get to that point.

meaningless scratch match so throw around some magnets and see what happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murphy (Cooked) Williams & Betts (INJ) Cottrell Williamson Owies SPS Newman...

McKay O’Brien Fogarty Carroll Kemp Ramsay Honey...

Murphy - Ramsay
Williams - Kemp
Betts - Fogarty
Owies - Honey
Cottrell - O’Brien
SPS - Carroll
Newman - sub
Williamson - McKay

I think we’d all love for some of the likes of Honey, Ramsay, LOB and Kemp to get a go, but Teague is also coaching for his career so absolutely no chance he will just all of the sudden play the majority of these guys, but you’d expect at least 1 of this group maybe two come in for the saints game. Honey for Betts makes sense.

Ins: Charlie, Honey, LOB, Fogarty

outs: Betts Owies Williams Cotrell /Willo

From my perspective, we're not playing finals spoiler in our final run of games, so let's blood a few kids who have been knocking right on a door that Teague and others have been trying to nail shut on them.

IN: Murphy, Honey, McKay, Fisher, O'Brien, Kemp

FB:
Plowman Jones Stocker
HF:
Ramsay Silvagni SPS

R:
TDK Cripps E.Curnow

Bitter sweet for Fisher

Out: Williams, Eddie, Cottrell, Williamson (and whoever else is injured 24 hours before the game).

In: LOB, Honey, McKay, Kemp

Would be tempted to play Ramsay as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

IN: Murphy, Honey, McKay, Fisher, O'Brien, Kemp

FB:
Plowman Jones Stocker
HF:
Ramsay Silvagni SPS

R:
TDK Cripps E.Curnow

I would guess you’re the only poster on this site who thinks Murphy should get a game and Newman Shouldnt.

Do you take on board any one else’s views Jim or do you think you’ve got it all covered? Like do you read other people’s views and contemplate changing your mind? Or do you think that every single other person just has it wrong?

Genuinely am wondering because this stuff from you is bewildering to me. I do not understand how you come up with it week in and week out.

Expecting 4 or 5 from Membrey. He loves playing us.

Lol I said 6 in the autopsy thread.
He has been dreadful this year as well but yeah loves playing us, expect Dean Kent to snag a couple as well and Brad Hill to run around unopposed up and down the wing gathering possession after possession.

No crowds seriously doing me a favor as I am working until late and can just switch off my phone when it gets to hard to watch.

In all seriousness just want to bloody win.

Suddenly very thankful night shift caused me to miss the game live against the Roos..

OUT: Betts (inj), Williams (inj), Owies (managed), Cottrell, Williamson, Murphy (omitted)
IN: McKay, C. Curnow, Honey, Kemp, O'Brien

B: Plowman, Jones, Saad
HB: Newman, Weitering, Stocker
C: Newnes, Cripps, O'Brien
HF: Honey, C. Curnow, Silvagni
F: Martin, McKay, Fisher
R: De Koning, Kennedy, Walsh
I/C: E. Curnow, SPS, Kemp, Dow
SUB: Williamson

Kemp can be part of the back 7 given that's where he's been playing in the 2s. LoB and Newnes on the wings for as much as the game as possible with Ed mainly relieving the one that's cooked. SPS rotating with Martin/Fisher and Dow part of the mid group.

Nothing Murphy did out there (from my watching of the replay) did anything to suggest he merits a game next week and given we just got embarrassed by the bottom side - I don't really give a * how close he is to 300. We're not playing finals - how about rewarding a couple of kids in Honey and Kemp who have developed pretty good bodies of work instead of carrying another passenger to a milestone.

Also want to see how we look with 2 proper tall forwards as opposed to poor Jack (good as he has been recently including today) being forced to play a lone hand. Midget brigade clearly didn't work today - if C. Curnow gets ticked off get him in and give him the next month to remember what it's like at this level.

Really don't want to say this but do not see us winning this one. Saints will be desperate to atone for the last 2 weeks and for us, history would suggest that we'll be stuck in the mire for rest of the year.

Hope the review serves its purpose and that this will be the last year of underperformance. The club and supporters have suffered enough. Let's turn the page.

I would guess you’re the only poster on this site who thinks Murphy should get a game and Newman Shouldnt.

Do you take on board any one else’s views Jim or do you think you’ve got it all covered? Like do you read other people’s views and contemplate changing your mind? Or do you think that every single other person just has it wrong?

Genuinely am wondering because this stuff from you is bewildering to me. I do not understand how you come up with it week in and week out.
Do you genuinely believe our defensive structure performs at an above average level due to his introduction into the side, or that the issue is that younger, less experienced players currently perform worse? Why not upskill the younger players?

That he has been playing ahead of Williamson for at least the last 6 weeks has been an absolute joke. We nearly mentally disintegrated a kid who lives and breathes preparation and work rate in his ethos, and somehow we couldn't turn that into a coachable asset to the team.

I'd still take him in the sweeper role over Newman. As it is, the choice I'm making is that I want to priortise Kemp getting a taste and am giving him Newman's duties. He might sink, in which case Docherty can take over and Kemp has work to do in the post-season and pre-season.

Or, he might swim.

For another way to express this argument: if our list is so talented and capable and you feel that Newman and Newnes being regulars in the 22 is reflective of their status within that, why the hell did Sydney and the Saints let them go so readily?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back