Preview RND 20 - Carlton v St Kilda, Friday 30th July 7:50 PM @ Marvel Stadium - Team - Post #222

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim is there was insufficient strength around his joints they wouldn’t play him against our mothers auxiliary 18, let alone some scratchies. If his endurance and touch is ok, they will be tempted to play him if no Harry. Otherwise we see Kemp next week.
I'm talking about that last bit of conditioning. We have pre-season games for a reason.

B: Plowman Weitering Kemp
HB: Saad Jones Williamson
C: Ramsay Kennedy Newnes
HF: Honey Cripps Fisher
F: Carroll McKay Silvagni
OB: DeKoning Dow Walsh
IC: Newman Curnow Stocker Martin
Sub: Murphy

In:
Kemp - get him in, huge talent.

Ramsay - an absolute must. Too good to be left out. I bet he goes better than SPS or Cottrell.

McKay - must play.

Carroll - Good young player, will play next year, time to give him a go.

Honey - needs a go.

Out:
Cottrell - poor game, inconsistent, poor skills, other options.

Betts - too old. Too inconsistent. Move on.

Williams - hamstring.

SPS - He's not up to it, won't take contact, poor tackling, ordinary numbers. Part of the problem at this time.

Owies - His kicking didn't improve, his forward pressure was non-existent.

On Notice:

Fisher - no tackling, dislike of physical contact, meh. Not what we want to stand for.

Williamson - going ok, rough skills, low footy IQ.

Dow - blokes who don't chase, is that what we stand for?

Blues need to have some have some standards built some culture and not put up with weak performance.

Be good to see us be gutsy instead of gutless. Stand up to those who don't play the way we want Carlton to play.

Sadly, DT needs wins to keep his job. He’s thinking short term, to hell with player development.
Wins and losses won't save or lose him his job from here. The processes, coaching programs, culture, work ethics, potential player exodus etc are going to have far greater weightings. Wins and losses are results. You always focus on the process when setting goals and trying to achieve them and when reviewing.

Do you genuinely believe our defensive structure performs at an above average level due to his introduction into the side, or that the issue is that younger, less experienced players currently perform worse? Why not upskill the younger players?

That he has been playing ahead of Williamson for at least the last 6 weeks has been an absolute joke. We nearly mentally disintegrated a kid who lives and breathes preparation and work rate in his ethos, and somehow we couldn't turn that into a coachable asset to the team.

I'd still take him in the sweeper role over Newman. As it is, the choice I'm making is that I want to priortise Kemp getting a taste and am giving him Newman's duties. He might sink, in which case Docherty can take over and Kemp has work to do in the post-season and pre-season.

Or, he might swim.

For another way to express this argument: if our list is so talented and capable and you feel that Newman and Newnes being regulars in the 22 is reflective of their status within that, why the hell did Sydney and the Saints let them go so readily?
The weakness of your logic is embarrassing Jim. For the only example I can be bothered with: do you genuinely believe the introduction of Marc Murohy to the side helps the half forward line? Or that players like Honey would be better off being up skilled by playing ones? Which was my point. You cherry pick your ins and outs based on agendas. Not on logic. Switch it up. Try logic. Give it a real crack Jim. If your principle is ‘play the kids’ then stick to it. Try and make your premises entail the conclusion. Create a cogent argument.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Russell. Charlie’s recovery program has been a more rigid lockdown than anything Victoria has experienced.
DT doesn’t have a job to save, wouldn’t be able to make the call even if he wanted to.

Did the reserves manage to have any run of sorts over the w/end?

The weakness of your logic is embarrassing Jim. For the only example I can be bothered with: do you genuinely believe the introduction of Marc Murohy to the side helps the half forward line? Or that players like Honey would be better off being up skilled by playing ones? Which was my point. You cherry pick your ins and outs based on agendas. Not on logic. Switch it up. Try logic. Give it a real crack Jim. If your principle is ‘play the kids’ then stick to it. Try and make your premises entail the conclusion. Create a cogent argument.
I only like Murphy as a high half-forward, otherwise a midfield role. Nobody links through the middle on our list better than him, and I'd like the younger players to catch that first hand for a few weeks before he retires.

If that's for a quarter or two in a game, with some feedback from the bench in the first half, so be it.

See how I answered your question competently without sidestepping it? Now you try.

Please let McKay play, would be cruel to rob him off the coleman (and all the punters who are on him)... park him in the goal square if his toe is iffy and just kick it too him.

Couldn't care less about the punters, if he can't play he doesn't play. Coleman means nothing either.

How did Charlie play in the reserves? I've only seen the 1 tweet that suggested he played more minutes and looked good, nothing aside from that really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back