Game Day Rnd 20 - Carlton v West Coast Game Day Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that. Needs to be first to the ball a little more though.
He was, but was often trying to scoop up the ball near the boundary after it was dribbled in. Otherwise working to position and assisting Gibbons to get free for the releasing handball behind the pack.

Bigger issue is the pressure up the field because we replaced two of our best sprinters with two of our worst. Our pace to a man is not good enough to make those kind of moves without a great deal more certainty about their match ups.

Come on Blues. This quarter is about finishing the game well despite the scoreboard.

For me it’s been an almost day. So many missed opportunities.

Eagles have taken full advantage of their chances.

Their positioning is crushing us, they are so well drilled on where to go and when to make that move, we can't keep blazing kicks away as they will sweep them up from half back all day long and without Jones and even Marchbank who are capable of blocking that off they are going to get to spots for set shots easily.

Not a swipe at Goddard or Plowman, Plow has done as well as can against the guy Jones or Weitering should be playing in tandem, leaving him on Allen.

Goddard, 2nd game in a key spot against a very good club, hasn't had a real chance to adapt to AFL pace. Effort is there, bit lacking in reward at times.

Quick reminder that this could have been our 22:

FB: Plowman Casboult Newman
HB: SPS Weitering Simpson
C: Setterfield Walsh O'Brien
HF: Murphy TDK Fisher
FF: Kennedy McKay Owies

R: Phillips Cripps E.Curnow

Int: JSOS, Deluca, Gibbons, Lang

Disagree, see above.

That's still a defender short given the way we play. That team does get somewhat closer, though. We absolutely should have used another tall target forward today, TDK should have played.

Relax. We have half our back line missing. Kreuzer and Curtis etc. What do you expect. The Eagles have the best forward line and we don't have the players today to match it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think I may have gotten ahead of myself through the week but s**t it was nice to feel justifiably optimistic for once.

Before the game my mate told me to not get excited because we will lose, and I actually said to him if I don’t get excited about this game and we lose, won’t have another chance to get excited before anymore games for the rest of the season because it will show we can’t match it with the best teams have left to play

Considering how many players we have playing bog ordinary and only a handful who are keeping us in it I'm pretty satisfied we're going better than we should be, hopefully we can not get blown away in the last. Carn boys..

Another defender down in Newman, cursed or what? Lots to like, haven't dropped our heads, Walsh.....wow! Who knows what might happen, hopefully win the quarter at minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back