AFL Autopsy RND 20: Done By The Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

C'mon man, Hooker misses plenty of gimme goals

At least he hangs onto the Sherrin to have a shot though….

Hooker has been ordinary the last 6 weeks no doubt but he they can’t possibly go with Francis forward next week and leave him out.

Posted this elsewhere but fits the agenda here as well:

We could’ve done a fair bit better today… but a 7 point margin on the back of a 3-0 50m penalty count & 5.0 scored due to free kicks (for them), well… it could’ve been so different.

3 games to go and we can realistically win 2 and end the season on a positive note.

It was never going to be our year in 2021 but losses by 1, 3, 16, 2, 11, 13 & 7 points (combined with 8 victories) prove that this year has been far from a waste.

I think despite today not getting the points we can reasonably confident of a bright future.
Probably works in our favour long term that we haven’t snuck in to the lower half of the 8 anyway. Imagine another elimination final interstate…

Probably works in our favour long term that we haven’t snuck in to the lower half of the 8 anyway. Imagine another elimination final interstate…

We would probably play today’s opponent or Brisbane at a neutral venue if we did sneak into 8th, no reason we couldn’t beat either of them.

At least he hangs onto the Sherrin to have a shot though….

Hooker has been ordinary the last 6 weeks no doubt but he they can’t possibly go with Francis forward next week and leave him out.
Going of previous games against the Dogs don't think it will matter who we play up forward

We would probably play today’s opponent or Brisbane at a neutral venue if we did sneak into 8th, no reason we couldn’t beat either of them.
I’d still like us to sneak in as it’s in my red and black nature but being rational and removing all passion, we would be better off missing the 8 and re-setting than losing an elimination final.

The advantage rule is the most incorrectly Interpreted rule in our game and threatens it's fabric the most yet nobody says anything

Lost count of the amout of times a swan free was paid and 5 seconds later after everyone has stopped the lone swan out the front just gets to saunter off alone.

I thought advantage was supposed to stop cruel moments where a team is disadvantaged by getting a free kick - Instead now it's just cruel on the team that plays to the whistle.

I think Brisbane only doing a 3 day lockdown at this stage, very likely we'll play GC there in 2 weeks let alone if we fell into 8th

The biggest problem we have is the forwards on defensive transition. They lack the aerobic, aerial and speed ability to pressure effectively, our deep defensive style leaves space for the opposition to chip into. Happened today and last week without challenge.

The advantage rule is the most incorrectly Interpreted rule in our game and threatens it's fabric the most yet nobody says anything

Lost count of the amout of times a swan free was paid and 5 seconds later after everyone has stopped the lone swan out the front just gets to saunter off alone.

I thought advantage was supposed to stop cruel moments where a team is disadvantaged by getting a free kick - Instead now it's just cruel on the team that plays to the whistle.
This may well be the case, but really, if a Swans player saunters of with the ball you really just need to chase them either way.

Much better fight than last week.

We still let teams run the ball out of their defence at will. Sydney are bloody good at it, but we need to get better there. Please, never play Francis forward again. Get Cox in the gym and he will hold his ground better.

Tippa needs a rest, but probably won't against the Dogs. Still not sold on Cutler, but he could be handy.

Really missing that second defensive runner like McGrath.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve never seen a team kick as beautifully as Sydney do. I think the effort to defend was there today, it’s just Sydney were too clinical and precise with their ball movement. Exquisite skills.
I've never seen a team flop as beautifully as Sydney do.
This may well be the case, but really, if a Swans player saunters of with the ball you really just need to chase them either way.
They were still trying to work out who the free was for given there wasn't an infringement

wouldn’t matter as much if our players first instinct was to close that player down rather than freeze as if they are playing what’s the time mr wolf.

it’s just an example of a poorly drilled side. Which we are.

Got pissed on rain walking to optus stadium, smashed my phone screen accidently during the 4th qtr of our game, and then some old dude threatened to bash me during the 1st qtr of freo tiges game. And we lost by 7 points. Tough day guys but the good news is i got a photo with the hamburgerlerView attachment 1193326
More jackets than Adrian Dodoro!

I think this was our 4th or 5th game this year where we lost after leading at HT.

Glad the game opened up and knowing we can be right there against an AFL protected club (umps,buddy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back