AFL Toast Rnd 21: 43 Point Win against the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Really solid win despite having two go down in the first quarter.

What impressed me was we handful of players play multiple roles through out the night to combat being short on the bench. Allowed us to run out the game really well.

Tackling pressure was great.

I love how unselfish Jake Stringer is. Seriously who would’ve you would be reading a post with unselfish and Jake Stringer in the same sentence?

Langford despite being sore, continually going hard at it was very pleasing.

McGrath bounced back beautifully.

**** Mitch Brown.
Bit harsh on Mitch. Thought was ok again for us

Pretty proud of the boys tonight. I really hope that some of the injured boys get up for next week. We'll need something approaching our best team to beat the Tigers next week. It was a great effort by some of the young kids too, who probably had more game time in key roles due to lack of rotations.

the tempo footy in the 4th, just keeping the buffer comfy, was pleasing.
injuries kept us from a smashing, but that's ok.

Saints though....that be a terrible team
Carlisle...from the frying pan into the fire. unlucky son.

Carlisle must have spent the evening thinking "WTF did I do"?

I wonder what he thinks now in his heart of hearts.
He is paid a lot of cash at St Kilda but it would be a slog at the moment.

Though if he stayed we would not have one of Francis or Parish - im not complaining!!!

Carlisle must have spent the evening thinking "WTF did I do"?
Good isn’t it?

Just the type of win we needed. Put the shite teams away. Plenty of run. No one chucked it in and thought it’s too hard when players went down. Wallas five. FRANGAS GOAL!!

That’s how you play footy.

‘This club is ****ed’.

Which club Jake?

Really solid win despite having two go down in the first quarter.

What impressed me was we handful of players play multiple roles through out the night to combat being short on the bench. Allowed us to run out the game really well.

Tackling pressure was great.

I love how unselfish Jake Stringer is. Seriously who would’ve you would be reading a post with unselfish and Jake Stringer in the same sentence?

Langford despite being sore, continually going hard at it was very pleasing.

McGrath bounced back beautifully.

**** Mitch Brown.

Nathan*

From about the start of time on in the second quarter, you guys were clearly the superior team. We just butchered the ball left, right, and center. Parish will be a great player despite being dropped earlier in the year, if anything it has helped him. McKenna was amazing when the game was in the balance and tore us up through the middle with his speed. You guys can be a real threat next year when you get all your players back from injury. Maybe even this year if you guys make it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BT made a crack about Francis not smiling and not looking happy on his birthday when he didn’t want to talk too him.

Either an areshole or just really stupid.

Probably both.

Definitely both.

Gutsy gutsy effort with so many men down.
Plaudits to Pidgeodo, Myers, Hepp, Champagne Ham #5 and Zerrett.
Forward line worked so well. Well done Tippa.
If any players in doubt next week don't play em - we need 22 fit and fresh bodies to go toe to toe with the Tigers.

Hadn't thought of him in that light but you could well be right, when he fires up it's great to watch.
I mentioned a couple of months ago in the Parish thread that he really should emulate his game on Cousins. People have a go at him for being vanilla but he has all the tools to be a solid mid. The thing that will make him elite though is to have the gut running of Cousins. Tonight was the first time I have seen this. Very very promising. I kid you not, this is the performance that will make him as a player.

The ******* kids!!

McGrath
Parish
Langford
Francis

Great stuff

And to think that Smith, Stringer, Saad, Guelfi, Tippa, Fantasia, McKenna and Daniher are all 25 or under as well. Geez we look exciting for 2019!

Content with the result. Would loved to have put that rabble of a football side tonight out in misery but alas, the footy gods did not permit this. Still, happy enough with a 43 point win.

As mentioned, the most pleasing thing once again was how even our contribution was from all (fit) 18 players.

Tippa the icing on the cake tonight with 5 goals, Zac Merrett is starting to become one of the most under rated players in the game, Myers is in career best form, McGrath found his niche tonight, Fantasia is a magician running at the ball, Heppell just keeps on keeping on.

So many positive signs tonight. Next week is going to be enormous. We have a game plan that even stacks up against the Tigers insurmountable defence too imho.

Pretty proud of the boys tonight. I really hope that some of the injured boys get up for next week. We'll need something approaching our best team to beat the Tigers next week. It was a great effort by some of the young kids too, who probably had more game time in key roles due to lack of rotations.
Me too, but we aren't challenging for a flag without a fit Daniher. And if we don't make finals, its also pretty much due to not having a fit Daniher.

Thought we played well but my goodness the Saints are bad. Had us on the ropes at times and just missed many gettable shots and then gifted us goals with horrid turnovers going the other way.
Credit to our boys for the pressure and fighting extremely hard depsite being down a few players.
Tippa is class.
Heppell works so hard.
Devon is a beast.
Langford is one of my favourites.
Baguleys second efforts
Zerret is a freak
Myers in career form
Saints have worst list in comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back