AFL Toast Rnd 21: 6 point WIN against the Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

We have an incredible win, and instead of celebrating we're flooded with Cooney abuse and some drop kick from Footscray trying to tell us that McLean is decent and they're going to nab Hurley?

You can both jog on.

He had a point. The McKenna and Gleeson rushed should have been frees.

And we got 2 goals to McKenna, each time for a GC player encroaching on the protected area. One, that is the most ridiculous rule in the game and the idea that you get a shot at goal from a kick at half back is just a ludicrous penalty. And two, it is the first time ever, ever, ever, that we have got more goals than we have given away from 50m penalties in a game.
PS McKenna is king of the 50m penalties. He has had 4 in the half dozen or so games he has played this year, all resulting in shots at goal from around 40m.

The way the players, from veterans to top-ups to rookies, have represented the club this year has been nothing short of amazing. So happy they get to enjoy another win. In a weird way I'll miss this group, but am bloody excited about next season.

There will be a big crowd at the last game, and we should, and will, give them a big send off.
I just hope we either win or are very competitive in the game, because at the end, I want to see a big reception for the boys, old recycled and youngsters alike, motely crew that they are, and undermanned as they are.
They deserve a big send off from the supporters for what they have given this year.

CpzRQb4VIAE2wFD.jpg

There will be a big crowd at the last game, and we should, and will, give them a big send off.
I just hope we either win or are very competitive in the game, because at the end, I want to see a big reception for the boys, old recycled and youngsters alike, motely crew that they are, and undermanned as they are.
They deserve a big send off from the supporters for what they have given this year.

Will the club play all the top ups?

So bloody happy we won, but I missed even watching it due to a fairly serious family commitment.

The only other game that I've not even watched was the Melbourne game. Think I'm gonna have to keep taking this for the team!

Great stuff boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Newman on the footy show all season "Good on them, I know I said they wouldn't win one, but they cannot possible win another. They won't win another for the rest of the season""

Sam's one of our biggest advocates. He's trying to get us to lift by saying that stuff.

Last edited:
Love seeing a troll get carded when the Bombers win. Best day ever!

Was awesome hearing the Longy buzz in the crowd when he got the pill,
Love siting in the crowd and hearing experts hang it on our players and then watch as they turn around and win a game of AFL footy...and calling them out!!
Thought Parish was Vanilla, needs to lift if he's to win the rising star.. :)

That Mckenna bloke kicks allright...

Sam Newman on the footy show all season "Good on them, I know I said they wouldn't win one, but they cannot possible win another. They won't win another for the rest of the season""

Don't be harsh at all on Sam. He has been one of the precious few in the media who has supported us and actually talked common sense about Essendon over the past four years.

Amen.

So proud of each and every one of our guys this year (and yes, that definitely includes Coons).

Given the circumstances, they've been magnificent.

They will probably put a splint on the nose I assume before it sets in a new and awkward position

Amen.

So proud of each and every one of our guys this year (and yes, that definitely includes Coons).

Given the circumstances, they've been magnificent.

Re the Cooney criticism, I think his disposal has let him down continually. He has tried hard, and won the ball consistently in many games. Had his disposal been better, I would say that he has had a very good year. He has frustrated me at times, because, as an experienced player, I expect him not to turn it over, but the same has applied to Kelly, although to a lesser extent.
I have no doubt he has put in the effort, and whether he should be offered a new contract is one for the club to call. I would say no, because I believe we are in building mode, and given that we are committed to some of our older suspended players (Watson, Stanton, Hocking and Howlett) and will probably retain Goddard, we need to go to the draft, rather than use a spot on Cooney.
But I appreciate his efforts, and he deserves our appreciation for what he has contributed in our time of need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back