AFL Toast Rnd 21: 6 point WIN against the Gold Coast

I stayed at home and watched today and the footage of Hartley after he busted his nose was intense. One of the commentators described it as disturbing and he was quite right.

Eleven 38

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Canucks, Cowboys, Renegades
I stayed at home and watched today and the footage of Hartley after he busted his nose was intense. One of the commentators described it as disturbing and he was quite right.

Nobody can ever argue there's no Hart in Hartley, that's for sure.

Both kicked straight over the line.
Were either under perceived pressure?

And it's a serious question. My recollection is they would've been tackled if they took possession.

Last edited:

frenchfri12

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
I would agree if we could seek a permaban for a certain user who shall remain unnamed. Next year will be unbearable on here if Cooney goes around again.

Well if Cooney gets another contract and actually plays good, something he hasn't done in his entire time here, then I don't mind him playing on.

Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Well if Cooney gets another contract and actually plays good, something he hasn't done in his entire time here, then I don't mind him playing on.

He has played his part on numerous occasions. You just see his negatives and it consumes your ability to see the experience he adds to this team.

I would agree if we could seek a permaban for a certain user who shall remain unnamed. Next year will be unbearable on here if Cooney goes around again.
the ignore list is your friend

Just watched it.

McKenna one on replay absolutely deliberate. I'll be honest from ground level live I thought it was accidental but now having seen it should've been. Be fascinating to see the justification, I could make a case but it wouldn't be great haha.

Gleeson one IMO no way. He takes possession he's under immediate pressure which is when the AFL rules video states you can do it from memory.

eth-dog my updated thoughts mate.

Nov 5, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Packers, Bucks, Pens, M's, Chelsea
Harts Nose.jpg

Were either under perceived pressure?

And it's a serious question. My recollection is they would've been tackled if they took possession.
I thought there were other options available.

Eleven 38

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Canucks, Cowboys, Renegades
Anyone who has queries on the rushed behinds watch Wooshas presser, he explains it perfectly. He may have a slightly bias point of view, but I'm not too fussed about that.

Back