Preview Rnd 21 - Carlton v Fremantle Sunday 12th August 4.40PM (AEST) @ Optus Stadium - Final team Post #209

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stewart just didnt work...leave it at that.

Percy was fat, Walls wanted out, Swan McKay & Southby had lost interest.

Enter Jezza.
1 win from 6 games at that point.
Won 35 of the next 42 games, including the 1979 flag.
Crazy good as a little kid following it back then.

s**t, Percy and Wow did play in a game together.
Round 2, 1978. I suspect not on ground at same time.
WoW on bench comes on when Percy off for those of you that seen it ?
Ok, old farts, speak up.
Percy Jones was mostly playing in the forward pocket by 1978. Interchange bench was rarely used for rotating players. Coaches were still predominantly treating it like the days of 19th & 20th men. If you went to the bench back then, you were either injured or in strife.

Percy Jones was mostly playing in the forward pocket by 1978. Interchange bench was rarely used for rotating players. Coaches were still predominantly treating it like the days of 19th & 20th men. If you went to the bench back then, you were either injured or in strife.

Jezza got him fit in ‘78 and once he slimmed down was first ruck.

Rod Galt was played out of the square as a second ruck, and managed to win the goal kicking.

Fitzy came back late ‘78, but was nowhere near it.

Rod Galt was played out of the square as a second ruck, and managed to win the goal kicking.

For a moment there I had forgotten about the man behind Byrning Spears. Ex-owner of a pretty nice home on Hedges Ave Mermaid Beach.

It's a shame that Kreuzer can't go forward & catch the thing as often as Galt did in 1978, then we could get away with playing 2 ruckmen. Galt also was quite a bit more mobile than Kreuze which made him a pretty handy option up forward.

For a moment there I had forgotten about the man behind Byrning Spears. Ex-owner of a pretty nice home on Hedges Ave Mermaid Beach.

It's a shame that Kreuzer can't go forward & catch the thing as often as Galt did in 1978, then we could get away with playing 2 ruckmen. Galt also was quite a bit more mobile than Kreuze which made him a pretty handy option up forward.

Putting McKay to chb was Jezza’s masterstroke.

Took his 12 marks a game, but was made accountable as a defender, and it got Sellers to chf once Walls bailed.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s mobile enough as a follower.

No one gets hurt at centre bounces anymore.

Enormous potential, all the same.
Not doubting his mobility nor am I worried about injury. Just would prefer he build on his development up forward. Though I do also think it is useful for us to be able to call on him to jump in the ruck when needed.

MC seems to have stuffed up again by playing 2 Ruckman. Forecast is a warm day in Perth, got smashed playing 2 Ruckman a couple a weeks ago in Brisbane in similar conditons.
Will be vert frustrating if we run out of legs again.

How
Long was Galt around for Stig ?I do remember him ,was it only a season or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back