Preview Rnd 21 - Carlton v Fremantle Sunday 12th August 4.40PM (AEST) @ Optus Stadium - Final team Post #209

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How
Long was Galt around for Stig ?I do remember him ,was it only a season or 2.

Galt was injured mid/late ‘79.

By then Fitzy was first ruck and Percy came off the bench.

He still had the bucket hands and kicked a few, amongst the mania, praying and anxiety attacks.

Carlton royalty.

Quietly confident to dominate in the ruck.
I see we have two ruckmen to prevent injury while maintaining a high level of energy as a follower.

Midfield we should be good.
Curnow to go to Neale
Cripps v Langdon (win)
Murphy v Mundy (even)
Dow v Cerra (even)
SPS v Giro (win)

Tall forward line not great:
Mckay, Curnow, Lobbe/Kreuzer

They don't have many talls, though. I think we break even

Carlton by 14

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance Krueze is in primarily as a bullocking midfielder to assist Crippa and as a secondary ruckman to Lobbe?

Has been suggested on here on numerous occasions.

Be interesting to see how he’d go as a midfielder.

How many emergencies go to Perth?
I'm just calling Rampart now, I'll get back to you
d364920b2df745e61f2e3d7835117c24.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Are they scared to drop Lobbe because he's put in, done his job and they don't know how to say it?Just make the hard calls MC.
Who knows. Lobbe has done a good job that's for sure, but one ruckman is enough. Personally I would have given Kreuzer the rest of the year off to get himself right for a big 2019.

Can’t see the total carry on about us playing both Krooze and Lobbe. Both can take a mark forward and with just McKay and Curnow playing forward, I would thought ideal. Curnow needs to be relieved of the heavy load he is carrying forward of the centre. Let the kid play 3rd forward and allow to roam. This setup also allows Mac to play 100% forward - Bonus! Unfortunately it will mean SOJ plays back but so be it.

I’ll just add it’s our smalls like Pickett, Polson, Wright, etc that need to hit the scoreboard. This is one of our biggest weaknesses this year. They need to rove to the packs at full pace this round.

Last edited:
Why are we persisting with 2 rucks. FMD!

Because as a group our MC do not ask enough challenging questions of each other. Needs a shake up next year. Two assistant coaches out. One of them has to be the longest serving one of Barker and replaced with a genuine wise older head as senior assistant for Bolts. Also some other younger assistant that willing to challenge the status quo too. Clearly this has not been going on for us to see the same selection repeat offences. This weekend in itself probably won't be too big of an issue as suspect Kruezer and Lobbe will never be on the ground together at same time. Still it is poor selection policy all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back