Preview RND 21 - Carlton v GC Suns Sat 7th August 1.45PM @ Etihad - Team - Post #366

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt Murph will be the sub and get a full game next week or the last round. Betts will play the rest of the year to get to 350.

Crazy to think we could have a 350th and 300th milestone in the same game.

This is (on paper) arguably the strongest and best balanced team we have put on the park all year. To my mind the right balance of youth and experience and I don't really see who if the injured players would be in the 22 if fit (Williams is one, then maybe Docherty for Newman, ut even that is debatable on 2021 form)

Of course half a dozen blokes have injury concerns, but it leads me to believe they think they are still in it this year. This week as a confidence booster then next week as a red hot crack at Port...

Crazy to think we could have a 350th and 300th milestone in the same game.

If they hold Murph over until the last round, yeah. Will they do that or get it over and done with just in case he slips on a banana peel or something?

If they hold Murph over until the last round, yeah. Will they do that or get it over and done with just in case he slips on a banana peel or something?

You are right, I would expect Murphy to be in the 22 vs Port.

Betts for Owies the clear and obvious choice - good change.

Matt has made good progress this season but has been quiet for a month or so and needs a rest.

TDK named but surely won't play. Some talk about Gov replacing him but I'd be going with Levi instead if he's fit, which it looks as though he might be given he too has been named as an emergency.

My guess is they'll wait and hope that we're allowed a small crowd come round 23.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not, they're missing a number of important structural players and have been very poor in plenty of games this season.
They were close enough last week to suggest there still going well enough to finish who they play in the run home -- GWS more injuries this week ..

They were close enough last week to suggest there still going well enough to finish who they play in the run home -- GWS more injuries this week ..

Lost to Freo in a low scoring snoozefest, pumped by Geelong, lost to the very poor Pies and the struggling Suns, got slaughtered by St Kilda after kicking two goals for the entire match.

Their best games since the middle of the season have been a solid win over Brisbane, and their bye.

This is (on paper) arguably the strongest and best balanced team we have put on the park all year. To my mind the right balance of youth and experience and I don't really see who if the injured players would be in the 22 if fit (Williams is one, then maybe Docherty for Newman, ut even that is debatable on 2021 form)

Of course half a dozen blokes have injury concerns, but it leads me to believe they think they are still in it this year. This week as a confidence booster then next week as a red hot crack at Port...
Ironically, Charlie is the freshest and fittest.

Team deserved minimal changes after that effort. Owies was the most vulnerable.

Honey and Betts in the forward line…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Well make sure Betts teaches him to banana properly while he's there cause we're all going to miss that when it's gone 😩

… I don't really see who of the injured players would be in the 22 if fit (Williams is one, then maybe Docherty for Newman but even that is debatable on 2021 form)
I’d add Cuners to the 2022 best 22: fast, can kick, strong, tackles…
Not sure who’s place he’d take from the current side, perhaps one of the retirees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back