Preview RND 21 - Carlton v GC Suns Sat 7th August 1.45PM @ Etihad - Team - Post #366

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanctimonious. Could it be poster is merely pointing out that Eddie has publicly stated he would like to recruit Rankine?

Confected outrage.
level of defensiveness directly relevant to personal struggles with issue - it was merely raising a point of discussion - my, my, how reactionary we've become

Why are people still calling for Newnes head? Not sure he's even close to missing out for me.

I've got more concerns with a Newman at times.
Yes I also at times would rather a third tall and release plowman to lock on small or play Newman role .. this is the way I would bring kemp in -- won't happen though

Ruck hadn't been a dangerous positions since the inner circle. He avoids a tag and attention if he rucks, he's also not the crucial messiah some people think. Put him in there and watch him to what Silvagni has done, he'll smash these big rucks.

As for hitouts, hitouts haven't meant stuff all for decades. Go one on one and compete physically and do it well, as we should and they really do not matter.
I don't think he has the, let's call it balance/resilience/determination, to replicate what Jack does. I like what Cripps has been doing in recent times. See ball, get ball at ground level and give it to quicker blokes. He can't ruck and hit in for ground/contested ball repeatedly too.

Why are people still calling for Newnes head? Not sure he's even close to missing out for me.

I've got more concerns with a Newman at times.

I thought Newnes was still playing for STK at times on Friday.

Newman is prone to mares with his kicking too, and moments of questionable thought processes but prefer a leftie in the side.

B: Plowman - Weitering - Stocker
HB: Newman - Jones - Saad
C: Walsh - Cripps - LOB
R: TDK - Kennedy - Dow
HF: Martin - McKay - JSOS
F: Betts - Charlie - Honey
I: Ed - SPS - Fisher - Williamson
MS: Murphy
Kemp - McGovern - Owies

Never quite works out they way you want/need it too... 🤞

A guy can dream ;)

Results were perfect for us last round actually.

We won. WC/GWS/Essendon/Richmond/Saints lost. The only team in the battle for the 8 that won was Freo who beat Richmond...and out of the 2 Freo was probably better for us given their %. WC surprisingly got thrashed by Collingwood and Essendon lost by only 7 points.

A perfect round of results this week as well and we're in the 8 haha.

I don't think he has the, let's call it balance/resilience/determination, to replicate what Jack does. I like what Cripps has been doing in recent times. See ball, get ball at ground level and give it to quicker blokes. He can't ruck and hit in for ground/contested ball repeatedly too.
Maybe not however he was our 3rd man up before that was banned.

We will win this week..guarateed

Don’t worry about this week

Challenge is against port and gws. Both winnable but we need to be at our best (straight kicking essential) and we need to give 100% effort.

Pls don't, GCS are largely a rabble but have enough talent to trouble most teams on their day, and you never know which Carlton turns up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pls don't, GCS are largely a rabble but have enough talent to trouble most teams on their day, and you never know which Carlton turns up.
Yeah I know but apart from losing to roos the other week we’ve won all games against sides below us and won most games against sides around mid table.

Our wins haven’t been pretty in most cases but we just keep finding a way to win.

The First Crack guys suggested opposition rucks just punch the ball forward instead of tapping, and set up for that.

don’t be surprised if that happens and we’re forced to set up defensively to cover it.

that "need indigenous players to attract same" has a funny smell about it............discuss.............
It has absolutely got a funny smell about it, but the truth is it’s because us white city dwellers have not been properly educated on the history, culture and past tragedies of our first Australian people. The tide is turning for the better now at least.

They will come out firing in the first qtr but if we can match it we should be able to break the game open in the last 3 qtrs. They went goal for goal with Melbourne in the 1st qtr on the weekend before it all went pear shaped.

Do not want to give them a sniff.

I wouldn't expect to see many changes bar the expected TDK out for probably McGovern.

We've seen in his time Teague doesn't like to change a winning team, so if we win you can basically pencil in the same 22 bar injury.

I was really looking forward to Rowell vs Walsh, was a highlight of the year for me.

Unfortunately Rowell hasn't quite bounced back from the knee injury, so the matchup likely will be a bit of a fizzer. The back to back gun, generational, no.1 draft picks going head to head should've been primetime stuff. Oh well, hopefully they can both get a clean run into each other next year.

Hopefully TKD gets up

Owies, Newnes, Newman would be the ones most likely to be omitted

Gov, Betts, SPS the likely ins……

Don’t think both of Newman/Newnes will be dropped but I can see one going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im expecting a 10 goal plus win
Harry to kick 7 or 8
Mcgovern in for Tdk if injured
Eddie if fit for Owies
Sps in for Newnes
Plowmen out for a witches hat

SPS should not go on a wing - it just does not suit him.

Eddie does not contribute anything around the ground (worst in the comp as a forward) So he needs to be smashing goals as a full time forward, and 8 times this year he has kick 1 goal or less. He is a SERIOUSLY expensive player with limited upside - he goes for spectacular marks which rarely come off, flashy goals which contribute to the idea that he is a valuable player - he is absolutely not. Stay out for mine - Honey and Owies - give Carroll a shot.

I was really looking forward to Rowell vs Walsh, was a highlight of the year for me.

Unfortunately Rowell hasn't quite bounced back from the knee injury, so the matchup likely will be a bit of a fizzer. The back to back gun, generational, no.1 draft picks going head to head should've been primetime stuff. Oh well, hopefully they can both get a clean run into each other next year.

Hopefully 2022 will the last year of Rowell vs Walsh.

See what I did there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back