Preview Rnd 21 - Carlton v Richmond - Sunday 11th August 3:20PM @ MCG - Final Team - Post #399

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They are back playing good footy, but wouldn't say they are playing to their 2017 form. Given the personnel we could call up, this game will be closer than people think

Certainly have a chance the way we are playing and if we get some big inclusions.

Would still be quite an upset though...west coast, tigers and Brisbane the three form teams of the comp right now.

Biggest worry would be their forward line, much like eagles game. Lynch and riewoldt two gun talls surrounded by lots of dangerous small forwards...we really need Jones and Daisy back. Eagles got too many easy goals today.

0dd108e545b4d4cbbf5f32f1dffbcb1b8a0361f3.gif

Think Schumacher stays in.

Swap Kreuzer for Phillips, Jones for Goddard, McGovern for DeLuca and Dow for Lang.

Can see Casboult playing back if Jones doesn’t play.

Wish Cuningham was ready but by all reports is not.

4 changes for me. Not because of anything other than better players should be available.

Phillips - Kreuzer
Goddard - Jones
Schumacher - Thomas
Lang - Fasolo (give him 2-3 games like we've done Lang to see if he has anything left)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teague on radio before the game today said McGovern has done alot of work behind the scenes at training and is most likely to come in this week
Thats good to hear. Would love to see Gov back in the side.

It would be a massive upset if we did get up. Richmond playing at another level to most teams at the moment.
I give us little to no chance against Richmond. But I would like to see us be competitive, just like we were yesterday

They are back playing good footy, but wouldn't say they are playing to their 2017 form. Given the personnel we could call up, this game will be closer than people think
Totally agree...
Watched your mob against WCE lots of good signs...just seem to be off a tad gelling as a cohesive unit still...you looked good once in front but when WCE came back at you your side just lacked that belief/hardness you were good enough to match them! Cripps and Walsh battled hard to keep you in the contest!
Your footy structures are still weak! Still a bloody good effort all the same!
With more players to come in to your side it's going to make it even tougher for us! If this game was played at Sheetehad i'd be even more worried!
Tigers are still not settled as a side yet and we are still working on/out our best combination of players for the Finals...you are a chance!

Last edited:
Pending injury report.

In: Kreuzer, Jones, Thomas, McGovern
Out: Phillips, Goddard, Schumacher, Lang

Game on if these changes eventuate.

Cuningham also a consideration, but his VFL form today didn't warrant selection and he wasn't his usual light footed elusive self. Kennedy was really ineffective, so they might favour Cuningham's mobility for this one.

Cuningham's game against Richmond earlier in the year was stellar, that is also worth considering.

I like this a lot

4 changes for me. Not because of anything other than better players should be available.

Phillips - Kreuzer
Goddard - Jones
Schumacher - Thomas
Lang - Fasolo (give him 2-3 games like we've done Lang to see if he has anything left)
I don’t think fasolo is any good at all however always does well against us.

It doesn't really work this way and it's somewhat subjective, but let's apportion rating to ins and outs -

Kreuzer - 8 vs Phillips - 5
Jones - 8 vs Goddard - 3
Thomas - 7 vs Schumacher - 2
Cuningham - 6 vs Lang - 3
McGovern - 6 vs Deluca - 3

No problem at all making those changes should all ins be fit.

It doesn't really work this way and it's somewhat subjective, but let's apportion rating to ins and outs -

Kreuzer - 8 vs Phillips - 5
Jones - 8 vs Goddard - 3
Thomas - 7 vs Schumacher - 2
Cuningham - 6 vs Lang - 3
McGovern - 6 vs Deluca - 3

No problem at all making those changes should all ins be fit.

Does the McGovern for Deluca make us a little top heavy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back