AFL Autopsy Rnd 21: Chewed up and spat out by the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

It was the message to the bench.

I suppose its the level you get too when you reach that poor standard, that they want to talk about standards that I assume generally don't get talked about at this level. My sons U12 level sure, but at AFL? wow

The wheels have fallen off completely eh? Insipid performance. We're finishing the season in much the way we started it.

Just too small, all our mids are small. Langford and Laverde not developing as hoped has killed us.

I am now questioning whether getting Shiel was a mistake and drafting McGrath was a mistake.

I'm flat.

Shiel no, McGrath a monumental * up, given Mcgluggage & Taranto will be thrice the players.

******* dodo....reminds me of sheedy how long he’s outstayed his welcome.

Just too small, all our mids are small. Langford and Laverde not developing as hoped has killed us.

I am now questioning whether getting Shiel was a mistake and drafting McGrath was a mistake.

I'm flat.
Shiel, McGrath, Merrett and Parish whilst all being smaller types are definately not mistakes. We really just need a solid bigger body type (with ability) in there to complement them and bash and crash packs so those smaller blokes are better protected. A Clayton Olivier or Josh Dunkley type would be ideal and would most certainly improve our midfields overall balance. Hopefully D Clarke improves with another year under his belt as he's not a bad size.

We were expected to respond after last weeks performance and we serve up that trash. Absolutely spineless regardless of the cattle on the field. Would love to know what is said behind closed doors this week because if the team don’t bring something against freo there will be serious questions asked. Was sitting near saad tonight and he looked shattered

I gave up when Joey went down. We have 50-60% of the salary cap out. I was thrilled with how we responded by beating GWS and norf. These were the games I was expecting us to fall off the cliff, but * we dug deep. I've been waiting, I warned about Gold Coast and they somehow pulled that out the fire. * knows how. And then port and then this.
I'll say it again, 50-60% of the salary cap are out, how the * they kept pumping out wins has me ****ed ! But God love them. The kids wanted to go at halftime and I gave them THE look. They knew, "ahh bloody Dad, he's in one of his moods"
Yes, I was in one of my moods..."you love the wins, so you're going to have to cop one the other way my darlings" Took them around to the race after the game and I was expecting more vitriol, there was a couple of half hearted cracks at Hepp and poor old Woosha, but most of them had left. The young bloke said " Ohh Dad, he swore at Johhny"...." mate, that was mild"
Woosha eyeballed the dissenter and said " just go" very tame from both involved, was expecting a bit more fire.
You can say next year, but who's to say that we won't get even more injuries? It's completely ****ed. There's no rhyme or reason. And if Joe Daniher thinks he can * off after sitting on 900k and deliver f/all, I'll take the kids out to training and show them some proper mouthing off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks D. Myers for your service, hopefully stick around in the VFL. Been good with the kids
Thanks Baggs, but time to hang up boots.
Thanks Z. Clarke, WAFL missing you.
Thanks Zaka, time to go skiing (downhill of course) there is lots of snow around.
Thanks McNiece, give the jumper back please.

Combined losing margin of 200 points today between the vfl and afl teams today. Something's up 🤔
When the senior team is as injured as it is, it’s obviously going to be a drain on the magoos eventually too. Hardly surprising they too have begun to struggle.

We have too many passengers on our team. Genuine A-grade passengers.
To make matters worse, the Passengers are our Established players.
Heppell is an okay captain, not bad, but not exceptional - likewise as a player.
Baguley, Myers, Z.Clarke and McNiece should never play again at the top level. Appreciate your services but time to move on.

Zaharakis is still living from the magical 2009 ANZAC day goal lol. He has one, maybe two good games per year. He is the biggest passenger of them all!
I could go on.

On the flip side, its the younger players that show some grit, Redman, McGrath, D.Clarke etc.
Get some youth in and get rid of our passengers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back