AFL Autopsy Rnd 21: Chewed up and spat out by the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a weird bit of comfort knowing that BJ said he felt hurt/affected during the match and found it hard to get through his commentary duties. Guy isn't even involved at club level anymore. Probably bled a little more than some of the players out there.

I don't know why he wasn't taken on in some sort of leader/mentor role at the club after being delisted. We need someone who cares like he does...although the pretzels would most likely disagree...
It makes too much sense so naturally of course we didn't bring him in. No way Brendon would have tolerated his team mates dishing up that crap on the field.

It's a weird bit of comfort knowing that BJ said he felt hurt/affected during the match and found it hard to get through his commentary duties. Guy isn't even involved at club level anymore. Probably bled a little more than some of the players out there.

I don't know why he wasn't taken on in some sort of leader/mentor role at the club after being delisted. We need someone who cares like he does...although the pretzels would most likely disagree...
That Heppell had to pull him up after the pretzels is emblematic of our club.
That was the game we lost the unloseable to the swans yeah?

I'd take him back as a player mentor.
Set standards at training, preparations, etc.

We never tapped his leadership properly i feel.

That was the game we lost the unloseable to the swans yeah?

I'd take him back as a player mentor.
Set standards at training, preparations, etc.

We never tapped his leadership properly i feel.
GWS.

Was certainly not unloseable.

I'm going full nuff here but what really is emblematic of our club is the crop of photos used for the current membership branding.

But yeah, he had/has so much leadership potential. I remember when he was finishing up it was Hurley and Hooker who said a few words, players who Lloyd just speculated were the players choice of leadership. Also I remember seeing a few snaps pop up of Merrett and BJ together overseas on the socials on the off season. To me this just shows like attracts like. Never really bought into the whole players didn't like him rubbish, just think his presence made it harder for players who tend to be passengers (example, that bluey with Zaka)

The "players didn't like him" stuff is for the people who need an excuse to not like him. There's far too much evidence to the contrary to suggest he's well liked and respected by the players

I'm going full nuff here but what really is emblematic of our club is the crop of photos used for the current membership branding.

But yeah, he had/has so much leadership potential. I remember when he was finishing up it was Hurley and Hooker who said a few words, players who Lloyd just speculated were the players choice of leadership. Also I remember seeing a few snaps pop up of Merrett and BJ together overseas on the socials on the off season. To me this just shows like attracts like. Never really bought into the whole players didn't like him rubbish, just think his presence made it harder for players who tend to be passengers (example, that bluey with Zaka)
Hurl
Hooker
Merrett
BJ

That's a proper leadership group.

In hindsight, it was the perfect weekend for the Premier League to start again.

Also, if the Dogs can sneak into the 8, they wouldn't be a fun opponent to face. Absolutely ferocious on the ball, and Tim English could be anything in the next few years.
I watched the Bledisloe, nice to see the Wallabies beat the ABs for a change, even if it was 15 v 14 for half the game

The Alisson injury threatened to make the entire weekend a colossal failure, but it looks like it's not that bad so I'm alright
Adrian to the rescue... tough gig being a fill-in goalie. Comes on and has a goal kicked against him almost immediately. Now he’s got to re-focus and front up to a few weeks of massive shoes to fill, hardly knowing his teammates at all.

The "players didn't like him" stuff is for the people who need an excuse to not like him. There's far too much evidence to the contrary to suggest he's well liked and respected by the players

Still think 2016 under Goddard was the most consistent effort level and team first play we’ve seen for years.

I would have liked us to retain him as Captain for 2017 instead of throwing to Heppell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back