AFL Autopsy RND 21: Stomped on by the Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Rap Game No GIF by Lifetime

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brutal reality checks are fine, good even but that is the most holistically ‘rock up and expect to win’ game I have ever seen.

I wouldn’t even say we stopped running because we never started. Shame on the leaders because they have dropped the ball there big time.

Full credit to me for sitting through that whole debacle.

Credit to Durham, Zerk, Hobbs, Guelfi who were good.
Most everyone else was average to dull
Stringer was poor
Snelling, Jones, Heppell (not happening) and Hind can have a run in 2s

Like last week we looked flat. Ball use was horrible, decision making was dreadful and we were beaten at pretty much every contest, especially when the ball was on the deck.
Basically a waste of an afternoon

Second worst performance of the year. Didn’t have a plan b, couldn’t get ball winning, run or short passing going. When we kicked long, somehow we had no long targets despite having three talls forward.

Really limpwristed effort from the leaders to help break the Merrett tag.

They looked tired and not engaged from the moment the game started...looked like they’d been clubbing in Sydney last. Hope at least that was enjoyable. Winners don’t like losing….time to clean out Brasher and Campbell. Then work in from there.

Garbage game.

Hind, Heppell, Jones, Snellling McGrath all terrible. Need to, at a minimum, find/develop players to replace Hind, Heppell and Snelling for 2023.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gws were always going to come out firing today and we brought zero intensity. So poor. Should show the boys a replay of collingwood from last night, that’s the standard of pressure which is required.
I agree 100%, but we don’t have a DNA like Collingwood, we just pick and choose when to have a crack and still believe in ‘turn up and win’ as a concept

Remove this Banner Ad

Back