Game Day RND 22 - Carlton Reserves v Port Game Day Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The umpiring has been nothing short of pathetic and gifted them 4 goals. Gov should’ve been paid front on contact and Charlie in the back from Alir. Both end up shots on goal and break their run. Both goal reviews could be argued either way but I thought if it’s not 100% conclusive you go with umpires call. Based on that is why Port were paid however comes to us and it is turned over. Joke!!

Plenty to like with Durdin and good seeing Gov back and Kemp having a dip

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R u serious! Sure there is a time for offense and flair but if players can’t smell the tide us changed at 3 goal run on in quick time and can’t defend for 5 mins to wrestle some momentum back then that’s coaching

Perhaps, but to be fair, we have been on the receiving end of some really shithouse umpiring which is almost certainly psychologically deflating for the players..

Given all our outs, I honestly expected us to be 8 goals plus down at HT.

Game showed all the good and bad in one half of where we are as a club.
List is talented and should be so much higher on ladder now but the development and coaching overall, just has done nothing with it as an actual team.
Anyway, that been obvious for ages but good to see Durdin and Kemp on debut and some youngsters showing the next coach the exciting talent he will have to work with. Honey power is just awesome to see. The sporting family serious pedigree.
Loving his work in front half.

The umpiring has been nothing short of pathetic and gifted them 4 goals. Gov should’ve been paid front on contact and Charlie in the back from Alir. Both end up shots on goal and break their run. Both goal reviews could be argued either way but I thought if it’s not 100% conclusive you go with umpires call. Based on that is why Port were paid however comes to us and it is turned over. Joke!!

Plenty to like with Durdin and good seeing Gov back and Kemp having a dip
Gov was his own worst enemy. Just like big Harry, he played for the free kick. Play it out and he gets it no doubt, play for it and the umpire sees it and you may get it 50/50.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

1. Saad "dangerous tackle" - Port kick a goal
2. McGovern interfered with in goal square (no free) Port go full length of the ground then get that soft downfield free - Port kick a goal instead of Carlton.
Those two decisions alone is a 3 goal turnaround and thats the margin at HT.

Blues playing the better footy get a nice lead
Umpires think * you Carlton we'll hand port 3 or 4 goals and all the momentum goes there way
Saying that there would be lucky to be 10 players in this side i would have on our list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back