Preview RND 22 - Carlton Reserves v Port Sat 14th August 4.35PM (AEST) @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another poor loss to a bottom side... Followed by a strong win? Probably not this time but I am expecting that we will come out with a bit more fire in the belly than what we did against The Gold Coast. Port Adelaide are going to be a big challenge, hell of a quality side but could we catch them napping? They will be thinking about finals and playing an easy beat Carlton. We have nothing but pride to play for and for some their careers.

B: Kemp Weitering Plowman
HB: Saad Jones Williamson
C: O'Brien Cripps Walsh
HF: Martin Curnow SPS
F: Honey McKay McGovern
OB: DeKoning Kennedy Murphy
IC: Dow Stocker Curnow Silvagni
Sub: Betts

OUT:
Newnes - He wasn't bad but he wasn't good and someone needs to make way. Walsh moves to a wing and he moves out.

Newman - I like Newman, has a good footy IQ and he competes but his skills were terrible.

Betts - Easy goals and no applied or physical pressure is what he's bringing to the team these days, he's done but lets get him to 350 and then that's it for Ed. Being sub this weeks means he doesn't get injured and he gets to 350 games.

Fisher - He was terrible, not sure I have seen a player sidestep when the opposition have the footy and rather than tackle them. If he won't tackle he doesn't play. Goal kicking has also fallen off the planet, mostly missess at the moment. You can't play like this and just get a game next week, that's not on, sends a poor message.

IN:
Kemp - We have a future star who has been playing good VFL football, he should be playing.

Murphy - It's his 300th game, he's in good shape fitness wise, he should be pumped. Let's stick him in the position he knows how to play and just let him go.

SPS - Played well in the VFL, bring him in to see what he can bring, put the onus on him to really perform, lets see that good kicking but also a hard edge.

McGovern - Lets go out there with the big 3 and see what they can do. McGovern has all the talent, lets see what he can do with McKay and Curnow up there.

Tactical:

O'Brien - If we play well he plays well. Our midfield was a disaster last week and we failed to play a game that suited wingmen. He wasn't all bad, he put his body on the line and ran defensively. Spent more time chasing arse than chasing the ball unfortunately so not holding a quiet game against him. Can't write off good kicks too easily and we know he can kick and we need that. If our midfield can get ontop we will have it in his hands delivering to the forwards but we have to do that.

Murphy - Play him in the role he has played his best as, an onballer. I don't think he will let us down I reckon he will have a red hot go.

Stocker - We need a player like Stocker in our midfield, so why not Stocker? Big strong bloke who has a turn of pace and is hard at it and hard tackling who played his junior career as a midfield. Was played in the midfield once V top side Melbourne for 15 disposals and 1 goal and he's a better player now than he was then. It's time to put him in the middle.

Dow - To defence. Now here is a player who's development will benefit from playing defence. His outside game when the play is open is poor. His defending is poor but improving. His footy IQ needs a boost. So play him in a position where he is forced to chase and forced to find the footy by linking up and add strings to his bow. IMO he wont let us down, he will be good as a midfielder when the ball falls to ground and at stoppages, really missing Williams for this. If he has a job to do he will do it and his pace will be handy back there.

Silvagni, Curnow and McGovern to rotate a lot to keep fresh. We need them all running hard all game.

Feel we may be a bit tall and forward pressure may not be great however, all our talls have pace, they can all apply pressure if they want to and it's more about poor positioning than lack of pace with our poor forward pressure anyway.

Keen to get Ramsay into the team but no spot yet. Would have liked to play Fogarty as a pure midfielder (well away from the goals)and see if he brings pressure and tackling to the team but at this stage there are mids ahead IMO. Carroll close too but perhaps a bit too raw.

Team won’t care.. have the excuse of a review, two weeks to vacation so why have risk of injury so you can sit in a beach instead of recuperating from injury/surgery. Coach won’t scare them with threats or anything as he’s toast. Port to stitch up top 4 whilst we stitch up bottom 6

OUT: Newnes, Fisher, Newman, Betts, Murphy
IN: Williams, Fogarty, Kemp, Ramsay

Can't have senior players who fail at basic task work within their role. Where possible, get a kid in and let them grow. Outside of this, Fisher is wildly out of form, and the suggestion of resting Betts in the sub role is solid.

McGovern for JSOS if he needs a rest. Carroll as an option for Walsh maybe as he'd work well with Dow and Cripps at the centre bounce, and he's been getting minutes at half-forward, so I assume that's in preparation for a senior debut before the end of the year.

Out 22 players, in Murphy and whoever wants to celebrate with him.

A little harsh, that will be round 23 as I’m tipping they want his 300th at home in front of all the fans.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With our season officially over I think we need to drop Fisher and Martin for the rest of the season who’ve been a serial underperformers. I’d also not select Samo or Setters for the rest of the year. These four need to learn about consistency and not taking the opportunity of playing professional football lightly and I think taking the opportunity to play in the 1s away from them for 6 months might pay dividends for us next year (or weed out the weak ones who subsequently complain and want out). I’d give Kemp and Ramsay an opportunity instead as they have been playing ok in the 2s and look the most ready and likely, so they should be rewarded. As second year players I think a senior game could also give them a taste for what’s required to play at the highest level so they know to work that little bit harder over the pre season. However from what I’ve seen of Carroll and Durdin as late draft picks in their first year they are still a long way off being ready so I wouldn’t be calling for either to come in.

Personally I’d also bring in Fogarty especially if Walsh is injured and give him a longer run in the middle which seems to be his natural position, but Murphy will no doubt come in so we can complete the charade that is getting him to his 300th game.

I’m also ok with Gov coming back if Harry is out injured.

In: Kemp, Murphy, Ramsay (if Walsh is injured), McGovern (if McKay is injured)
Out: Fisher, Martin (both omitted), Walsh (if injured), McKay (if injured)

Out 22 players, in Murphy and whoever wants to celebrate with him.

A little harsh, that will be round 23 as I’m tipping they want his 300th at home in front of all the fans.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We wish sadly.
Simmo & Murpgh both miss out on the send off they deserve / deserved.
Probably Eddie as well.

Probably win because we have no pressure on us , we are such a pathetic club it’s not funny…: play Murphy full game in the midfield , let’s celebrate someone who has put his ass on the line

Please play Ramsay, Kemp, Honey, whoever…. Caroll, Durdin, anyone… Couldn’t give a proverbial if we win or lose. Actually, prefer we lost and blooded kids. Rest Charlie Curnow, he’s had a sniff.
And lose to GWS by plenty to keep * out of the finals.
Mission accomplished.

Given it is still mathematically possible to make finals, I can't see the MC making too many changes, but there should be

Betts should be an out, Murphy too but wont happen

People calling Newnes and Newman again as outs, won't happen either, unless there are wholesale changes, even then, got more of the ball and used it better than most

Out Zac Fisher. Betts
In Brad Fisher. Murphy

Bryce Gibbs to carry them both off the ground

Well good a time of any to give the kids a go...

In: Kemp, Ramsey, McGovern, Carroll
Out: Fisher, Williamson, Newnes, Murphy, Martin, Kennedy

FBKempJonesPlowman
HBSaadWeiteringNewman
CO'BrienWalshRamsey
HFSilvagniMcGovernHoney
FFBettsMcKayC.Curnow
FOLDe KoningCrippsStocker
BENCHMcDonaldCarrollDow
E.Curnow
23rd ManKennedy

Wont be popular opinion but
  • Murphy dropped to play 300th next week along with Betts 350th and both retire, along with E.Curnow...
    Betts only gets a game so he reaches 350 next week.
  • Martin and Williamson hard done by, but needed the spots
  • Fisher and Newnes OOF

Can we all get the call for #33 to play for the CFC with the right surname. It’s RamsAy.

Please play Ramsay, Kemp, Honey, whoever…. Caroll, Durdin, anyone… Couldn’t give a proverbial if we win or lose. Actually, prefer we lost and blooded kids. Rest Charlie Curnow, he’s had a sniff.
And lose to GWS by plenty to keep * out of the finals.
Mission accomplished.
I don’t mean to be harsh and don’t want to start a war of words with you but I think this is a really poor post. What possible benefit is there giving Charlie Curnow a rest when he has played so little football over the last 2 years? And why would a Carlton supporter want to see their team get thrashed just so Essendon don’t make the finals? It’s been a tough weekend but in my mind there is no excuse for thinking like this.

Well good a time of any to give the kids a go...

In: Kemp, Ramsey, McGovern, Carroll
Out: Fisher, Williamson, Newnes, Murphy, Martin, Kennedy

FBKempJonesPlowman
HBSaadWeiteringNewman
CO'BrienWalshRamsAy
HFSilvagniMcGovernHoney
FFBettsMcKayC.Curnow
FOLDe KoningCrippsStocker
BENCHMcDonaldCarrollDow
E.Curnow
23rd ManKennedy

Wont be popular opinion but
  • Murphy dropped to play 300th next week along with Betts 350th and both retire, along with E.Curnow...
    Betts only gets a game so he reaches 350 next week.
  • Martin and Williamson hard done by, but needed the spots
  • Fisher and Newnes OOF

Needed the spots good selection policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back