Preview Rnd 22 - Carlton v Western Bulldogs Sunday 19th August 1.10PM @ Etihad - Team post #182

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be happy with the following

In: Weitering, Macreadie, Mullet
Out: Graham, Lob, Rowe/Marchbank

O’Brien, love him, but he looks cooked. Mullet has been reasonable. Happy to give him another shot. Just more forward of the ball instead of behind the ball. Seems to like sinking goals from outside 50 in the magoos... want Macreadie to get a run and both Rowe and Marchbank have been inconsistent and sub standard with good moments.
Have watched Marchbank closely over the last few years. He doesn’t have the strength needed to play on the KPPs or the explosive speed to defend/keep up with smaller players on the lead.
Looking to 2019 I can see jones and wieters as the KPDs, with macreadie hopefully filling Marchbanks role.

With his top level endurance I’d love to see Marchbank playing the tall running wingman role as per Thomlinson from GWS.

Have watched Marchbank closely over the last few years. He doesn’t have the strength needed to play on the KPPs or the explosive speed to defend/keep up with smaller players on the lead.
Looking to 2019 I can see jones and wieters as the KPDs, with macreadie hopefully filling Marchbanks role.

With his top level endurance I’d love to see Marchbank playing the tall running wingman role as per Thomlinson from GWS.
Think you’ve gone way too early on calling a very young oft injured player the size of Marchbank as too weak, he’s certainly not slow off the mark when actually fit. Tomlinson is strong enough to play KPP too btw.

Think you’ve gone way too early on calling a very young oft injured player the size of Marchbank as too weak, he’s certainly not slow off the mark when actually fit. Tomlinson is strong enough to play KPP too btw.
To be fair I didn’t call him weak. I said he wasn’t strong enough to defend the KPF who quite often out-muscle him. His best position in the back line is as the intercept defender, so fully fit I can still see him playing that role.

My thoughts are that Macreadie can also play that role, and probably isn’t as versatile as Marchbank who can run all day and play wing. I think a 6’4” winger who can run all day would give us a point of difference.

I’m happy to wait and see how he looks after a solid pre-season. A fit Caleb Marchbank is a huge asset to our football team, wherever he plays.

To be fair I didn’t call him weak. I said he wasn’t strong enough to defend the KPF who quite often out-muscle him. His best position in the back line is as the intercept defender, so fully fit I can still see him playing that role.

My thoughts are that Macreadie can also play that role, and probably isn’t as versatile as Marchbank who can run all day and play wing. I think a 6’4” winger who can run all day would give us a point of difference.

I’m happy to wait and see how he looks after a solid pre-season. A fit Caleb Marchbank is a huge asset to our football team, wherever he plays.
Definitely agree with that. I reckon he'll put the muscle on to be versatile enough to play both. His running capacity is yet to be fully realised I think, so a huge winger is a definite possibility

Been given tagging jobs the last 2 weeks. Thought he did a solid job on the weekend on Hill. Not cooked at all. I think Bolts wants to see he, Dow, Pickett, SPS etc finish the year off and push through
I think we haven't had the luxury of playing players like Lochie O'B, Polson, Pickett etc in the VFL enough which would've been really handy for their confidence and development. In saying that, I think it will be terrific long term that we've been able to pump so many AFL games into them, especially Lochie. We'll look back on this year as being a complete let down but extremely important in the development of all the kids.

The battle between this season's 2 youngest teams (we have been the younger of the 2 teams) should generate some interest. For us it is another game into those youngsters who are still standing. An investment in the future. Of course there is the privilege of watching 2 of the AFL's most exciting talents i.e. Cripps & Charlie, along with watching the rapid growth of Harry, Dow & SPS.

It would be nice to get a repeat of last weekend's first half, without a repeat of the 3rd quarter. No-one will be expecting us to win, but it should be a competitive game with the possibility of some good wins within the game. Would love to see Harry do enough to get a Rising Star gong & for Charlie to have a 4-5 goal game. A 25 disposal game from Paddy Dow wouldn't go astray either.

Anyway, like others on here, I will be in front of the TV at 1.10pm on Sunday to see what transpires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that's just plain nasty, Dram........
I had been hoping to get over there for a couple of home games, but my mum has not been at all well this year (to the hospital 3 times in 3 weeks at one point). And I just haven't been able to get the time to make the trip!

I had been hoping to get over there for a couple of home games, but my mum has not been at all well this year (to the hospital 3 times in 3 weeks at one point). And I just haven't been able to get the time to make the trip!
hope mum gets better soon - I just don't see the need for you to spoil someone else's day by giving them the opportunity to watch us play

I am thinking there will be as much intensity in this game as a Tuesday morning light training run.

We will want to secure the draft night holy grail (number 1 pick) so expect some bizarre selections from the MC.

Expecting no funky stuff. Will pick the team as we been picking it. With some weird s**t every week.

hope mum gets better soon - I just don't see the need for you to spoil someone else's day by giving them the opportunity to watch us play
And what happens if we pull off a miracle and win... then I have made someone's day :p

Imagine doing that to someone at our docklands game a few months back against Fremantle.
Only game I have been to in a couple of seasons. Might be a while before I get to another one.

Was a new level of wtf? for me. Saw plenty of interesting things and managed to take quite a philosophical view of the game. Hope I never see that kind of performance again

I am thinking there will be as much intensity in this game as a Tuesday morning light training run.

We will want to secure the draft night holy grail (number 1 pick) so expect some bizarre selections from the MC.

BTW last week was your fault!

The battle between this season's 2 youngest teams (we have been the younger of the 2 teams) should generate some interest. For us it is another game into those youngsters who are still standing. An investment in the future. Of course there is the privilege of watching 2 of the AFL's most exciting talents i.e. Cripps & Charlie, along with watching the rapid growth of Harry, Dow & SPS.

It would be nice to get a repeat of last weekend's first half, without a repeat of the 3rd quarter. No-one will be expecting us to win, but it should be a competitive game with the possibility of some good wins within the game. Would love to see Harry do enough to get a Rising Star gong & for Charlie to have a 4-5 goal game. A 25 disposal game from Paddy Dow wouldn't go astray either.

Anyway, like others on here, I will be in front of the TV at 1.10pm on Sunday to see what transpires.
Not that it's a contest, but statistically speaking, the Dogs have fielded 12 of the youngest 20 teams of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back