AFL Toast Rnd 22: We gave Freo the ole Heave ho

Remove this Banner Ad

Shut up Dermie. Hawthorn's song is Yankee Doodle Dandy.

I can't stop laughing at this photo.

ECKwbtHUIAM3p7-.jpg:large

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were also the first top 8 team in history to get beaten by 100 points by a team outside the 8, just quietly.
The bulldogs you mean... They may not be by the end of the year. They are coming home with a wet sail.

Whilst I'm more than a little concerned about how we will go against a side that can actually use the ball it was still a gutsy win today.

Hurley back improved our structure immensely. There's no doubt he's the general back there. I thought Zerk-Thatcher was pretty good on debut and really looks like a player that is only 1-2 years away from being a mainstay in our team. Nice that he will have the size to play on some of the bigger boys too.

I liked what I saw of Ham. Didn't stop running and has real intent with his chasing. He's skinny as anything but I love his endeavor. Think he'll be a good player in time. He reminds me of Redman in year 1 who was also a stick figure.

Overall I was impressed with the ball use today. We actually moved the ball with some system. I thought Saad, Merrett, Shiel, Tippa and Stringer did a great job in this area of the game.

I'm not sure what we will get in the finals but I'm going to hold onto a bit of hope that we can somehow come out with a win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back