AFL Toast Rnd 22: We gave Freo the ole Heave ho

Remove this Banner Ad

If GWS beat Doggies tomorrow, we are locked in for 7th. Think we’d rest a few players next week in that instance.
7th or 8th doesn’t matter.
Rest Hep, Raz, Hooksy and any other player with niggles and have them ready for our final in 3 weeks time. Learn from what North did a few years ago and have them fit for when it really matters.

Did my boy do a tagging job? Kakkle has been calling for this for ages.
[/QUOTE]
Tagged Fyffe and did a great job !.
I have also been calling for him to tag as we have so many defenders and his main asset is his tank and being able to shut down an opponent.
Early in the season when we were calling out for a tagger he was the obvious one for me.

Watching the replay. * it's annoying how on Foxtel Now the commentary is always ahead of the visual.

Thoroughly deserved the victory. But consistently losing the clearances and contest ball is extremely frustrating. Granted we have a D grade ruckman playing, but we have a lack of depth of effective inside mids. Langford was supposed to be the solution to this but he's incapable of bringing the intensity required.

We need to target someone to fill this gap in the offseason and hope Draper can recover quickly from his ACL. Willem Drew for Francis plus their first rounder could be a goer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find Walters almost unwatchable because of his antics and that is a crying shame really, because he is a fantastic player and someone who just does not need to ham it up to tear opponents up.
This will be an unpopular opinion, but I think when he doesn't act like that he's a better player than Cyril. He's basically who Hawthorne want Wingard to be, but isn't.

This will be an unpopular opinion, but I think when he doesn't act like that he's a better player than Cyril. He's basically who Hawthorne want Wingard to be, but isn't.
I agree with that. Walters has been awesome the last two years.

If our coaching staff had credits in the bank to fall back on I’d call that a planning masterclass.

Dylan Clarke looked like he needed a bit of a spell last week and instead of turning back to Myers or doing something else stupid we decide to yank the rock out of our defence and put him on Fyfe, which was not only ballsy as hell, but worked perfectly and had the added happy bonus of allowing Francis to continue with his continuity in defence. Up there for coaching move of the year as far as I’m concerned. Ham in as an extra runner was a really good move too.

Shape behind the ball was consistently excellent and meant that the mountain of ball they got between the arcs essentially meant nothing and then our counter attack was brutal, 13.9 with 3 posters and then Clarke’s goalsquare horror. Spread to the wings and to hit up from kick outs was up there with the best it’s been for us this year as well.

Chalk up that win to team defence and quality use of the footy.

Go to hell Ross

Ambrose was brutal playing up the ground, he physically smashed a number of Freo players during the match, including Fyfe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back