Game Day Rnd 23 - Carlton v Geelong Game Day Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBayou

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
did you read the post where I mentioned the square up frees were starting to come? It's not a matter of quantum, its a matter of consistency. Pay each and every free kick, but use the same set of rules on every occasion.

Serious question here, are Doob counted as frees for/against?

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Such a poor end to the season really undermines our progress of late...but onwards and upwards look more forward to next year much more than I have in several :thumbsu:
Doesn't undermine anything, poor performance but maybe a good reality check for those players who thought they were better than they currently are?

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Toronto10

Rookie
Jul 3, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Timely wake up call going into pre-season. A few players need big pre-seasons: Setterfield, O'Brien, Fisher and McGovern come to mind. And an off season of goal kicking practice for McKay. Would be happy to see what we can get for SPS. Shows no urgency and has hardly developed in three seasons.

BlueTongue

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2009
The Void
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
TEAM 17 (Flags)
did you read the post where I mentioned the square up frees were starting to come? It's not a matter of quantum, its a matter of consistency. Pay each and every free kick, but use the same set of rules on every occasion.

Too right. I dont GAF how many frees each way if they are there, but it's the inconsistency and poor decisions behind the calls and that makes me want to go Feral.

ctwenty1

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Timely wake up call going into pre-season. A few players need big pre-seasons: Setterfield, O'Brien, Fisher and McGovern come to mind. And an off season of goal kicking practice for McKay. Would be happy to see what we can get for SPS. Shows no urgency and has hardly developed in three seasons.
🤷‍♂️

reckon you'll be talking about umpires and free kicks on your death bed? you seem a little.........obsessed?

I agree with all of that, but none of that has anything to do with ludicrously inconsistent umpiring.
you understand this is the same thing you say on here after every game? are you starting to pick up a theme? is that smoky aroma your hand in a flame?

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
Umpiring played no part in the result
I can’t agree with this Arr0w but I’m not going to argue with you. I’m looking forward to the day when we can overcome a number of dodgy decisions and still win the game. It’s a measure of improvement for the team and one I’m looking forward to.

BlueBayou

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I can’t agree with this Arr0w but I’m not going to argue with you. I’m looking forward to the day when we can overcome a number of dodgy decisions and still win the game. It’s a measure of improvement for the team and one I’m looking forward to.
Totally agree with this. I think we did play well enough in a couple of recent wins to take the decision making out of the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back