Preview RND 23- Carlton v Geelong Saturday 24th August 4.35PM @ GMHBA - Team Post #242

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Cunners has gotten back from injury (again) but your post is completely disrespectful to Gibbons.

Cunners hasn’t reached anywhere near the output of Gibbons in his four seasons that Gibbons has in one.

Will play his most games in any season so far with a total of nine. Go and have a look at what Gibbons has done this year and compare with the actual output of Cuningham career to date.

I’m of the opposite view, rated too highly by many on here on actual output.

Needs to get on the field next year and “show” what he can do with this so-called untapped potential.

No disrespect to Gibbons. But I think Cunners has a higher ceiling. Gibbons has been fantastic this year considering he was a post draft pick especially and looked better under Teague.

This will be Cunners first game under Teague and I am hoping we see a free Cunners who can be very dangerous :)

I'm a late inclusion for this one.

After much indecision have finally decided to make the trip down the freeway to see the boys on Saturday.

Never been to a game at Kardinia, had to make a deal with the devil to get there, hopefully the boys make it worth my while.

No disrespect to Gibbons. But I think Cunners has a higher ceiling. Gibbons has been fantastic this year considering he was a post draft pick especially and looked better under Teague.

This will be Cunners first game under Teague and I am hoping we see a free Cunners who can be very dangerous :)
An impressively solid first year by Gibbons, especially considering that at times he’s been employed in roles that don’t really suit him, particularly under Bolts as we persisted with efforts to create “dangerous small forwards” out of the list equivalent of thin air. Imo, Gibbons has definitely proved to others that he belongs at AFL level, and hopefully he’s fully proved the same to himself. I’m excited to see what he can become with a full Russell-driven pre-season under his belt, and in what should be a rapidly improving team in 2020.

As for Cuningham, he’s such an exciting and tantalising prospect, but regular injuries have meant that to date there’s always been a “flatter to deceive” quality to his actual contributions to the team. Along with Willo and Doc, he’s obviously another key project for Russell over the off season, as a consistently fit and available Cuningham certainly adds some X factor to our side. I really hope that for his sake and ours he can string together 15+ games in 2020 - imo he could do a stack of damage to our opponents with a body of work of that size.

Sides having watched casboult got to the ruck from defence wouldn’t surprise me if Scott does this with blicavs instead of rata———-.. I see Clarkson tried it last week with big boy McEvoy against the suns ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

28 disposals @ 85% DE, not bhed.

^ The Judd goal at the 22 second mark of the video is just pure class.

71k at that game. Would probably be between 50 & 60k if this weekend's game was at the 'G'. AFL fixture potentially locking out 30k spectators.

An impressively solid first year by Gibbons, especially considering that at times he’s been employed in roles that don’t really suit him, particularly under Bolts as we persisted with efforts to create “dangerous small forwards” out of the list equivalent of thin air. Imo, Gibbons has definitely proved to others that he belongs at AFL level, and hopefully he’s fully proved the same to himself. I’m excited to see what he can become with a full Russell-driven pre-season under his belt, and in what should be a rapidly improving team in 2020.

As for Cuningham, he’s such an exciting and tantalising prospect, but regular injuries have meant that to date there’s always been a “flatter to deceive” quality to his actual contributions to the team. Along with Willo and Doc, he’s obviously another key project for Russell over the off season, as a consistently fit and available Cuningham certainly adds some X factor to our side. I really hope that for his sake and ours he can string together 15+ games in 2020 - imo he could do a stack of damage to our opponents with a body of work of that size.

Cunners can be the inside outside midfielder we desperately need. Has pace and amazing agility, great at stepping out of contests. If his body can get right :(

from memory, our belting of you in round 8 2000 apparently set you in motion for your 2001-2003 premiership run. Hope we haven't done something similar this time as well.

My mate is at fault for that one. We were at that game together, near the fence as the final siren went and Akermanis was walking passed, my mate yells out “No handstand for you blonde boy”.

Well, 16 wins in a row and a three-peat later and what a memory.

Happy Cunners has gotten back from injury (again) but your post is completely disrespectful to Gibbons.

Cunners hasn’t reached anywhere near the output of Gibbons in his four seasons that Gibbons has in one.

Will play his most games in any season so far with a total of nine. Go and have a look at what Gibbons has done this year and compare with the actual output of Cuningham career to date.

I’m of the opposite view, rated too highly by many on here on actual output.

Needs to get on the field next year and “show” what he can do with this so-called untapped potential.
I really rate both of them.

I presume Gibbons will be out injured.

I would do the following:

Outs: Gibbons, DeLuca
Ins: Weitering, Stocker (put cuningham on ice, that knee is strapped pretty heavily, just get him right for pre-season)

Lang did enough to stay in. DeLuca's pressure is good but he's a liability with disposal/decision making. Stocker would give same effort but better disposal - plus great for his development.
Deluca will not be omitted.

Not sure who goes out if weiters is fit. If gibbo is injured than decision is easy.. if not it will be between kennedy and lang i feel.

Kennedy was poor but he is a good kick but he needs to work harder to get the ball and apply pressure.

Lang may be good to keep against his old side plus he was not too bad last week.
Lang is out. Ankle surgery. But he would be a knock otherwise. Defensive pressure immense. Has earned him a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back