Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
images

Our final home game of the season can't come around soon enough.

Eddie's 350th milestone game & possibly his last game.

Changes:-

INS & OUTS

Go for it!

Last edited by a moderator:

I will be in therapy a few days processing 19 goals unanswered before I can even contemplate another game from my club.

Carlton doing their bit to raise awareness of Covid 19.

Stay safe out there people.

I'll still watch but does anyone even care about this game? I hope we lift for Eddie but if the Port game is anything to go by I'm not holding my breath

I'm barracking for results to keep Essendon out of the 8. A win after the last month would do nothing for our confidence. It's meaningless effectively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Newman Weitering Plowman
HB: Saad Kemp Williamson
C: O'Brien Cripps Walsh
HF: Honey Curnow Owies
F: Durdin McGovern Casboult
OB: DeKoning Kennedy Stocker
IC: Dow Fisher SPS Betts
SUB: Ramsay
EM: Fogarty Carroll Newnes Curnow

IN:
Cripps - Think he would be fit for this one.
SPS - May as well play him.
Owies - He was going nicely but he needed a rest, he'll be fresh and ready to go.

OUT:
Murphy - Retired.
Newnes - Omitted.
Curnow - Been a great player and he's going around next year but it really is time to have a look at moving on here. IMO he doesn't fit into that team, if he does he's playing out of position or kicking a young guy out.

Notes

We might have to send Casboult back. I would not mind seeing Kemp play forward or a little on the wing if that happens.

Get stocker into the middle, get some strength around the inside ball and play one on one. Kennedy, Stocker and Cripps at least will be a physically competitive starting group.

Honey, Owies and Durdin are all real forwards and goal kickers, not made up forwards who don't really kick goals. They all need to get used to playing with each other.

Betts is absolutely cooked but this game is his 350th and really should be his last.

McGovern liked playing full forward, if we can get it to him he will do the rest.

O'Brien and Walsh on wings is some serious running.

Dow as part of the defensive rotations, think it would be good for his development and good for our team, reckon he will go well there.

Fisher and SPS as inside/outside mids.

More midfield rotations. Dow can go in there a bit and rest Stocker. Durdin can go on the ball for a moment to rest Kennedy. Be more tactful with how we rest players.

What do we need to happen in order for Essendon to miss?

Them to lose to either Gold Coast or Collingwood. If they don't, GWS to beat us and West Coast to beat Fremantle and Brisbane.

[
I'm barracking for results to keep Essendon out of the 8. A win after the last month would do nothing for our confidence. It's meaningless effectively.
="MrsEddieBetts, post: 71605846, member: 140162"]
What do we need to happen in order for Essendon to miss?
[/QUOTE]
Who cares? I hate Essendon as much as the next person but I say good on them for doing the hard work and getting results. It’s a shame our players haven’t been able to do the same. They thoroughly deserve to make the 8 and in all likelihood will.

I really don’t care who comes in or out I just want a response after last nights embarrassment.

It’s almost impossible to think we’ll win and the result will be anything other than another uncompetitive thrashing. To put into context, a few weeks back Gold Coast, bereft of confidence after being belted by Melbourne by 90 plus points and missing several best 22 players, were able to elicit a response as they came out and beat a team who needed a win to keep their finals hopes alive. A familiar backdrop to this weeks game the only difference being the team needing a win this week is the Giants as opposed to the Blues two weeks ago.

I’m usually a bit more positive but last nights loss was probably one of the two most demoralising since the beginning of our latest stint in footballing purgatory (7 years and counting) when the Pies smashed us in Mick’s coaching record game (the other was the Norf thrashing in 2019 which all but sealed Bolton’s fate). It’s hard to think this game won’t lead to Teague following the same fate.

Who is that other team besides Port who just maul us and beat us into submission whenever and wherever we play them? :think:

The Giants!!!
That's it the Giants.

Who we got this week?

s**t!!

Who is fit to replace Murphy?

Leon Davis medal winner Finlayson to have a feast as per usual and kick 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back