Preview Rnd 23 - Carlton v Sydney Saturday 26th August 4.35PM @ SCG - Team post #143

Status
Not open for further replies.
INS & OUTS.

Does anyone think we are a slight chance next week. :(

I don't think we will win, this is a very important game for Sydney, they should be totally switched on.

All I'm hoping for is one last big 4 quarter effort from the team. Regardless of the result I think we can be very proud of this group, they have given us plenty to look forward to.

GapInIkonPark

Premiership Player
Nov 22, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Would absolutely love to see Harry in but doubt it will happen.

Smedts out and Cuningham in.
If Jack is out (looks very sore), then Graham in too.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Who takes buddy when he moves up onto the wing? I think Jones will stay deeper and switch which could be problematic if we get it wrong.

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app
The system will, via Marchbank & Weitering, with Charlie providing a sort of chop out if Buddy gets involved in our long kicks down the line.

That being said, Jack Riewoldt and Hawkins did well out of doing just such a thing.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
The thing to note there is that they both had physically imposing midfields that could match our level of pressure applied on the ball carrier.

Richmond wore us down, and Jack was the beneficiary. Geelong wore us down and we buckled under the weight.

I'm honestly not worried about getting mashed by a genuine top 4 side, and Richmond and Sydney don't fit that description. This will be a close game.

Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
The thing to note there is that they both had physically imposing midfields that could match our level of pressure applied on the ball carrier.

Richmond wore us down, and Jack was the beneficiary. Geelong wore us down and we buckled under the weight.

I'm honestly not worried about getting mashed by a genuine top 4 side, and Richmond and Sydney don't fit that description. This will be a close game.
To be honest, getting smashed wouldnt be the worst thing. Prefer it doesnt happen, can see the silver lining if it does. GC % is very close to ours.

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Benaly28

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Let's just rest charlie,sps,krez no need to play them.Our grand final was yesterday they need to win to keep top 4 alive and won't forget what we did last time to Mills.Jone on Franklin will be mothwatering.

Davey33

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
INS & OUTS.

Does anyone think we are a slight chance next week. :(
Unfortunately not. the only chance we'd have is locking it down on our defensive terms and i just dont think the way this team is playing right now it will be possible.
they'll have alot of players back from last time we played them. incredible offensive power and the motivation of a top four spot...
That said, you never know with this team...

Out: Smedts, Kerridge
In: Cunners, Mckay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back