No Oppo Supporters RND 24: Thank * It’s Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Trolls will not be tolerated

Looney Tunes Explosion GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

Nah it’s m
Because our defence is so s**t that they get shots at goal from 20m out, if not the chance to run straight in and kick from point blank.

And to be fair to our back 6, the majority of the problem isn't even our defence. It's the midfield, as usual

I used to think that. But watching a Ridley less defence just constantly turn the ball over and then get beat due to being out of position.

Some of that is very much their fault

Taking a step back from the emotional response, I thought everyone agreed on this board that our season was done after the Geelong loss. It was plain to see that the players had given everything they had and were physically or mentally done. At the time there was a fair few comments - from memory- along the lines that we had made great progress but were a young side that had picked up a few too many injuries and asked too much from key players? I don’t see how some bad losses now changes that reality? Do we need better fitness? Clearly. Do we need more work on our game plan? Of course.
Everyone knows that at AFL level if all the players drop just 5% effort then you get steam rolled. I don’t hold that against them to be honest.
I’m happy with the season all things considered. If Draper and Ridley didn’t get injured we might have staggered through to a finals win but meh, we were never going further with where the team is at now.
Don’t know why people are so surprised that a young team with a new coach ran out of steam?

Is it the best way to finish for us again ? There was heat last year but that was on the coach and player development. The heat this year is really on the players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back