No Oppo Supporters RND 24: Thank * It’s Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Trolls will not be tolerated

Looney Tunes Explosion GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

Parachuting in an Essendon person is part of the reason we're a lost and unprofessional club.

It doesn't diminish the club's culture to actually hire someone on their demonstrable merit and experience by engaging in a genuine process.

...unless it's Kinnear Beatson or Stephen Wells.

The club has to stop recycling past players living off past glory, but Hirdy might be a better judge of playing talent than Adrian.

If the last month wasn’t depressing enough, consider this - we’re arguably the worst team in the AFL right now and our first pick might end up outside the top 10 😞 🔫

Merrett definitely seemed shattered. I can't fault him this year too much. Tried his guts out, improved in areas which were previously a knock on him. Him and his captaincy I think are definite positives for this year and I believe him when he says he is sick of mediocrity. Just hope we can weid out the people in the off season who aren't that fussed with mediocrity.

Oh and Brad said they’re going to have to take extraordinary measures to bridge the gap between us and the best teams.
So… How deep is the cut and how has Heppell survived? :think:

So… How deep is the cut and how has Heppell survived? :think:

He said they have very few players over 30 and you tend to need that for some balance and leadership. Mentioned that when it comes to leaders of the AFL lifestyle he has Heppell, Merrett, McGrath and Langford but that’s about it.

Think that played a part for Heppell.

Is anyone close enough to the club to know what players not having appropriate AFL lifestyles and the demographic is off mean, unless that part refers to it being a young list.

Assuming lifestyle referred to having the appropriate diet. Preparations etc.

Mentioned the younger players not understanding that training hard is only one part of it.

He said it was unusual to only have 2-3 players over 30 in the list for a club.

Assuming lifestyle referred to having the appropriate diet. Preparations etc.

Mentioned the younger players not understanding that training hard is only one part of it.

He said it was unusual to only have 2-3 players over 30 in the list for a club.

So its the stuff that's been talked about in the past but nothing has changed.

What else would it mean with AFL lifestyle.
It's pretty bloody obvious.

Young, heap of cash and worshipped.
Why would you push yourself for actual success when that lifestyle is pretty much all you could want as soon as you walk into the league.

That's the thing about mediocre, you aren't s**t enough for the thrashings to make you wake up and want more.
You think you are trying hard, you think you can party and still be a professional.
Dog s**t leaders don't push you.
Crowds still show up and chant your name.
They don't care about fans insofar as actually performing for them, actually being successful.

It's why we need these beltings, we need as much spotlight and attention on this club.
Embarrassment on the biggest stages.
Members to not sign up, crowds to dwindle.

Bottom of the ladder cellar dweller lifestyle to maybe wake the club up to the reality that they are absolute s**t, and they are so amateur that they don't even know it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Referencing the hangover WE ARE JUST CHOK!

My issue is that there is to many players are the same. I reckon some serious decisions need to be made on the list

Ok I am gong to put player v player as we have to many same same players

Parish v Sheil - go Darcy please just go, Essendon do not fold to him!

Zerk v Baldwin - zerk gone, at least Baldwin’s body is bigger

Durham v Martin - like them both but both don’t defend on the wings one needs to find a different posistion

McGrath v Kelly - Goodbye kelly, but McGrath needs to learn to shut down a player first

Weideman v Cox - Cox is just to skinny for mine, Both won’t make it!

Snelling v Guelfi - Goodbye snelling ( guelfi is a list clogger)

Menzie v Hunter - hunter has shown more with a broken back

Perkins v no mans land - no mans land wins where has the development in this kid what a waste of a draft, Perkins, Cox Reid have been!

Tippa v stringer - I look skinner in a jumper and I’m carrying 110 kegs

Tsastis v Hobbs- kicking skills are deplorable thanks dodo

What I want desperately! More games into Bryan, Hobbs tsastis, Reid, Davey and Jones.

A game plan where handballing is banned

Learn how to tackle

Fitness is needed

Where is the mongrel of Johnson, Solomon, Wallis, Harvey, long, bring back the hard edge!

Watching the presser and the first crack pre-season will be brutal but we have all heard this before!

2 years in a row Cats have killed our season. Only difference this year is it was later in the season, just as devastating though.

I think players still get ahead of themselves and cave in when the reality hits.

Resilience is not big with this group.

2 years in a row Cats have killed our season. Only difference this year is it was later in the season, just as devastating though.

I think players still get ahead of themselves and cave in when the reality hits.

Resilience is not big with this group.
And this year theyll finish below us

Okay so take this with a grain of salt as I'm very tired and drunk

HIGHLIGHTS:

1. Zac Merrett clearly cares for the club more than the members of staff. I think he played relatively well given the result.
  2. BZT (if he stays)/Ridley/Redman will make a good core lineup of defenders. I didn't really rate/care for BZT at the start of the season, but sans some performances vs Geelong I think he's really performed well and SHOULD be offered another contract - If Dyson Heppell can get one, he deserves one too.
  3. While his impact wasn't too big, I think that Will Setterfield added some physicality to the middle, and had the most tackles in the game coming off what was essentially a season ending foot injury. Hopefully he gets a full pre-season in because I think that will provide Essendon with a lot of midfield physicality that we're so desperately missing.
  4. Although the pies take the foot off the pedal in the 2nd half, I think our defense didn't do too bad, considering their midfield had easy entries into it all night.
  5. Accuracy not withstanding, I think Kyle Langford had a solid outing... Given the scoreline.
  6. Was nice to see Walla on the ground again, though his impact was limited and clearly wasn't fit. A win for the send off would've been amazing but that was never in the cards.
NEGATIVES
  1. I cannot wait for heads to roll, the trash needs to be cleared out and removed from our list. What does Will Snelling offer to the team? Someone who's his height generally has decent pace (like most small forwards) or has good foot skills and is hyper aggressive and physical (like Caleb Daniel). In the past I'd say his physicality is good, but other than that I just don't know how he keeps getting games and doing absolutely nothing of note in them. Nick Cox is in the same boat for me. He's like 201cm tall, and plays like he's 180cm, he looks like a headless chicken, his ball skills are pretty shocking, drops easy marks, and is generally unimpressive. Tonight was what broke his place in the side for me. I don't see him getting picked much next year unless he has an impressive offseason, he doesn't deserve his contract extension.
  2. Do we have a strength and conditioning coach? Our players looked rooted for the past month, and have little to no physicality. From the get go, hardly any tackles were sticking. Our basic skills are continuously called into question (or should be at least) and nothing changes. How the * can you be paid more $300'000 and fail at the basics of football that are taught at Auskick when you're 5 years old. Please learn to hit a target. I've not played football since 2016 and I'm sure as hell that I could still kick a 40m drop punt and hit a target 8/10 times.
  3. Hardly anyone in our midfield is accountable for their players, It's happened all year but it was evident tonight. Clearly a lot of this comes down to everyone being mentally checked out/ not giving a s**t but it was so embarrassing to see all the ******* spread constantly from pies players not being shut down.
  4. The Club clearly doesn't give a s**t about supporters or else the players would've actually tried to end the season on a high note. In 2015, an arguably worse season. We had nothing but pride to play for, and we didn't even play for that tonight. Embarrassing
  5. I cannot ******* believe that Sam Weideman kicked 2/3rds of our goals. He didn't play badly, sure, but * me man.
You'd think that we'd actually try after our embarrassment last year.

Way to celebrate 86'000 members this year, I hope the kid that won $60 doesn't spend it on this godforsaken club. These results are why we booted Rutten.

Nothing ever changes.
bladerunner-1563989733.jpg

I hope a reaper or a mafioso turns up to Dodoro's house and does the deed, he's a blight that needs to be eradicated. It's truly embarrassing.

Two decades of s*t and my patience has ran out Zach. It's all good to talk the talk but I don't wanna ****** hear it, I wanna see it.
I would not mind if we played Sunday early games, Saturday twiglith games and slowly built for the next two years. Enough with these big games. Shout up and get to work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back