AFL Toast Rnd 3: 18 point win against the Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats the worst part though, Frost gets pinged for holding when he doesnt hold, then Stringer catches him dead to rights holding the ball in the last quarter and they dont pay it. There was one when Hurley ran straight at Melksham in the pocket and didnt look at the ball once, nothing. But Neal Bullen gets a holding free against Saad for having an arm rested on him. Atleast if they pay none, its consistent

Another issue I had was they were only looking to pay frees to forwards. There were plenty of instances where the forward was blatantly infringing and no decision paid.

congrats on the win was relieved to see Tippa Mac play reasonably well. Love watching him and have been so disappointed with him in the first 2 games. Hope he gets back to the form of last year but brings his first 2 rounds form against the Pies.

Wow. Didn't see that coming!
Amazing what happens when we have effort. I don't know how a professional footy player can turn up without it!!
Hopefully that switch has been flicked.

Seriously how good does it feel to wake up in the morning and want to remember we played a game the day before. Plenty of positives and endeavour Dev Smith is rapidly becoming my favourite Bomber, love the way he goes about it!

Amazing what a difference it makes when you play with a bit of heart and spirit. Yes there where patches where things went ordinary and a few players had moments they would care not to remember but it shows what happens when you dig in and all your leaders lead.

Raz made a huge step forward. Rather than slinking around in the forward half he was on his bike and presenting as a target and even playing half back at one stage. Walla was 100% better. Zaharakis looked much better and even did well at half back.

Coaches need a tick as it looked like they changed the defence a little. They where playing a tighter man on man zone (pick up the player in your area) rather than trying to pull of the sliding zone.

We had a good win so the bad on the night will not be getting a run this week other than some of the holding the ball decisions across the league are mind blowing.

One thing I hope they do not do is bring back both Myers and Langford. If both play along with Heppell we are simply too slow. You could notice last night how much quicker we looked.

Hard to tell whether this is the start of something or a solid win in isolation. The next couple of weeks leading into ANZAC Day are absolutely massive.

One thing I hope they do not do is bring back both Myers and Langford. If both play along with Heppell we are simply too slow. You could notice last night how much quicker we looked.

Agree, huge difference from the first two rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you guys definitely deserved the win. We are so out of sorts right now. I'm clearly biased but geez the umps were shocking. I reckon stringer had 3 goals from incorrect decisions and gawn getting called for nothing and even a kicking in danger when no-one in sight. And then frost should've been pinged for holding the ball but it wasnt called only to blatantly throw it and umps not see it either, like wtf!

Amazing what a difference it makes when you play with a bit of heart and spirit. Yes there where patches where things went ordinary and a few players had moments they would care not to remember but it shows what happens when you dig in and all your leaders lead.

Raz made a huge step forward. Rather than slinking around in the forward half he was on his bike and presenting as a target and even playing half back at one stage. Walla was 100% better. Zaharakis looked much better and even did well at half back.

Coaches need a tick as it looked like they changed the defence a little. They where playing a tighter man on man zone (pick up the player in your area) rather than trying to pull of the sliding zone.

We had a good win so the bad on the night will not be getting a run this week other than some of the holding the ball decisions across the league are mind blowing.

Exactly. We looked much more balanced.

you guys definitely deserved the win. We are so out of sorts right now. I'm clearly biased but geez the umps were shocking. I reckon stringer had 3 goals from incorrect decisions and gawn getting called for nothing and even a kicking in danger when no-one in sight. And then frost should've been pinged for holding the ball but it wasnt called only to blatantly throw it and umps not see it either, like wtf!
There were some horrendous decisions all around (if holding frees are going to be that soft now, * me...) but the kicking in danger one was there. Smith immediately grabbed at his hand and was shaking it so I think he copped the full brunt of Maxy's boot.

Stringer and Saad worth so much more to us than we paid for them
Heppell finally played a captains game, that was Jobe like

Clarke out / Draper in
Mutch out

Can we fit Begley and Hooker in? Who else comes out..
Begley won’t be available anyway. He’s only just started building up his minutes in the VFL.

Myers & Langford slow us down... both definitely can’t play. Myers career over for me and Langford could should play forward

Play mcg way better more space for our running game

When Fantasia, Smith & Merret are on the forward line functions much better as they lower their eyes and hit targets instead of bombing it in

Yeah, but you are also ignoring the 2 early goals you got from decisions very similar to the stringer one (one identical, and the other far worse) plus a free we were given incorrectly to Zaharakis which was called back and cost us a goal........plus the free Stringer didnt get for Frosts * up in the tackle.

Not saying we were on the wrong end of the stick, but that's 4 goals difference right there.

Far too many "neutrals" that are wanting to sink the boot I to Essendon are making a bigger deal out of the umpiring than there should be.

We got the rub, but not by as much as people are wanting to make out. Was just terribly umpired all round.

Umps are s**t. Whether the game is too hard for them to do a good job, or the changes in rules and interpretations screw up any continuity they start building.

It feels like its time to embrace the chaos that is the game and strip the rules back to some basics to ensure players arent being belted and the aerial contests arent being overly infringed (note overly).

Nothing worse than your side disappointing with a loss and the umps adding some mayo to it

Was interesting to hear Woosh say he thought the players turned up after pre season pretty happy with themselves thinking they were right to go, and that he though they'd forgotten how hard footy is and how hard you have to work at it - I'm para-phrasing (had just gotten off the phone with the old man who has said exactly the same thing). I think it showed last night how much better the work rate was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back