Preview Rnd 3 Carlton v Collingwood @ MCG Friday 13th April 7.50PM - Team post #483

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the MC know we are playing Collingwood and the game will be going up a level?

Bower ahead of Thornton defies belief. What are they trying to do, even up the game? No matter how many ways I try to work this out I just can not understand why they have gone this way. Thornton is a forward and Bower is a backman... we just brought in two backmen...

Staggered.

There is a fair distance between the two for quality in big games...

again, staggered.

Our MC are like a P plater trying to drive a F1

See how he performs, then go hard as you like.

So who will be sub? I'm thinking its between Lucas and Army. These two are probably in a battle for the last spot in the 22 and one will make way for Walker when he is ready. Then we will have our best team on the park and JR, Brock, T Bird, Knockers etc are depth.
Got to be happy with that.

I'd say without too much doubt that Lucas will be the sub

He was damn near unsighted in the forward line where he started last week, he was shifted to defence to plug holes after the first quarter though IIRC.

Either he did a hell of a job or they were pin holes. A goal per quarter after 1/4 time suggests one or the other.

I really love the positivity from all you guys and it seems that the depth and quality of our list has finally put us all on the same page.
I have bagged out certain players and Ratts,coaching staff,MC over my time here and will take my medicine,because they have obviously been working at the bigger picture,fish to fry etc.
I think we can and will win this one purely on the fact that we have the INS compared to theirs.
These are the games we NEED to win to prove to the rest of the comp that come September WE mean business.
I feel something special happening tomorrow night so sit back,forward,up on your feet and scream for MIGHTY *ing BLUE BOYS!!.
See yall at the final siren singing the greatest song we've all put our vocal chords to!!.
DA DA DA -DA DA..........you know the rest....:D

look at the video...hes forward in the first quarter...and then bam hes back after that.

Relax Wookster, not saying it didnt happen, saying that they only kicked 3 goals in 3 quarters. Mid field domination had more to do with that than the quality of our backline.

wouldnt mind seeing curnow being the sub
yes i do realize that he is an inside player, which would be much more effective against tired taggers and helping Judd and Murphy

i honestly believe he would be a better choice than Lucas or Armfield, as Lucas is an ideal young winger and Armfield can run 720 km/h

Does anyone think Curnow might get the Sub vest this week? Surprised noone has listed his name as a possibility

I've been to both games this year and have just felt he has struggled a bit with the speed of the game early but gets better when the sting is out of it. I personally don't think he has been as good as some are suggesting but I can see a role for him later in the game.

I'm also really liking the look of our backline and the versatility with some being able to go forward if needed - HENDO!

wouldnt mind seeing curnow being the sub
yes i do realize that he is an inside player, which would be much more effective against tired taggers and helping Judd and Murphy

i honestly believe he would be a better choice than Lucas or Armfield, as Lucas is an ideal young winger and Armfield can run 720 km/h

Jesus Buddy13! You posted while I was typing away and stole my thunder.

But I like the way you think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highly doubt Curnow will be sub.

If you watch closely you will notice how much of the grunt work he does, he really adds a lot to the midfield.

but i realize if you watch even closer he looks tired and still building up his full game fitness, goes missing for chunks at a time. maybe a spell in the vest will alow his burst to come at a more opportune time, second half.

Good yet obvious omissions IMO. Must pay some respect to Collingwood's inclusions as, make no mistake, they are quality players in terms of importance to the Collingwood side (even though Maxwell and Wood are spuds). However, I still think we have it in us to run over the Scum. Blues by 21 points.

For me; SUB: Curnow.

B: J.Laidler L.Henderson C.Yarran
HB: N.Duigan P.Bower Z.Tuohy

This backline. Makes me salivate.

Watch last week's game, Curnow was going well when we were struggling in the midfield early on. Won't be sub.

FB: Tuohy (Fasolo), Jamison (Cloke), Laidler (Wood)
HB: Yarran (Blair), Henderson (Dawes), Duigan (Beams)
C: Simpson (Sidebottom), Murphy (Swan), Scotland (Thomas)
HF: Gibbs (Maxwell), Waite (Reid), Lucas (Goldsack)
FF: Garlett (Shaw), Hampson (Keefe), Betts (O'Brien)
Foll: Kreuzer (Jolly), Judd (Ball), Carrazzo (Pendlebury)

IC: Robinson (Wellingham), Curnow (Clarke), Bower (Toovey), Armfield (Sinclair)

Very even match ups

Definitely Lucas or Den for the vest
Great to see Bower in. He needs continuity. He's had a bigger impact than TBird in the first 2. We've got height. Shouldn't need a swing man.

There is no obvious sub candidate is there? Lucas really the only one but I'm hoping they let him get a few games in.

Curnow won't be, need to nullify Pendles and Ball inside. I thought about Robinson as would be good to have him throwing himself around against tired bodies but probably need him for same reason as Curnow.

Duigan? probably not enough flexibility.

Wouldn't be suprised if its Touhy...

it is a trial for the mc how they feel
do we believe we can win the game and go sugar's speed skill etc
do we go defensive to save game with army or curnow
the irish is too attacking as a defender
too hard for me but we have to go for the win and thus sugar is automatic

Good yet obvious omissions IMO. Must pay some respect to Collingwood's inclusions as, make no mistake, they are quality players in terms of importance to the Collingwood side (even though Maxwell and Wood are spuds). However, I still think we have it in us to run over the Scum. Blues by 21 points.

For me; SUB: Curnow.

B: J.Laidler L.Henderson C.Yarran
HB: N.Duigan P.Bower Z.Tuohy

This backline. Makes me salivate.

Guess Jamo in there will have you spraying your shorts then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back