Preview Rnd 3 Carlton v Collingwood @ MCG Friday 13th April 7.50PM - Team post #483

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Feel dirty for watching it, but Cooney, Brownless, Lyon and Steve Johnson tipped us on The Footy Show.

Nervous after receiving Lyon's approval.

Newman tipped the Pies.

Loved his reasoning.
We haven't beaten anyone of any worth. We have to earn the right to be tipped
Who have we beaten
Richmond 44
Brisbane 90+

Collingwood:
Loss to Hawks
Beat Richmond by 20 something

Nice work Foss ! haha!

Aug 24, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
It just warms my old blue heart to witness this discussion after the lean years. Genuine optimism in the future. Getting back to where we belong.

Irrespective of the result this Friday, we have a strong rootstock upon which to graft premierships.

Just for giggles though, Blues by 23pts and Armfield as sub to provide run late in the game.

Big Sim

Cancelled
Apr 12, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Carlton
Great to see Bower in. He needs continuity. He's had a bigger impact than TBird in the first 2. We've got height. Shouldn't need a swing man.

Agreed. And while we shouldn't need a swingman, Waite, Hendo and even Jamison can do the job if required.

The thing with Emu is that while he is a competent third tall and can pinch hit as a KPD, the other string to his bow is his run and that's what modern footy is all about folks.

I like this 22 a lot.

But the proof is in the pudding. Lets hope it rises tomorrow night.:thumbsu:

Big Sim

Cancelled
Apr 12, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Carlton
recon we are just walker away from our best 22, damn, never thought I'd see it.

Yep, with you there mate, and not a spud in sight. Best part is when the inevitable injuries occur there are some good players champing at the bit to come in.

Sep 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Jets, Cleveland Browns
Irrespective of the result this Friday, we have a strong rootstock upon which to graft premierships.

I'd think you guys would want a win against a genuine top four competitor to prove you belong, not a good looking side on paper. Didn't beat a top four side last year and finished 5th. If you want to take the next step, then you need to start winning these games, especially when your best 22 is playing. Just an outsider opinion though.

I'd think you guys would want a win against a genuine top four competitor to prove you belong, not a good looking side on paper. Didn't beat a top four side last year and finished 5th. If you want to take the next step, then you need to start winning these games, especially when your best 22 is playing. Just an outsider opinion though.

Pera, which part of your message did you think we were unaware of?

Aug 24, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
A win is obviously preferable. But I don't buy the thesis that we need to prove ourselves. Premierships aren't won in April and I'll be pleased for a good performance building towards good form and pedigree towards the business end of the season... and forward into the next 5 years. Just looking forward to the contest and the future.

cookie monster

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
NY Giants

I think your outsider opinion is going to take a humbling tomorrow night. Run along now

marcmurphy#3

Team Captain
Nov 22, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't think Curnow is a good choice for sub, mainly because one of his main strengths is his endurance, and to be able to keep up a great level of intensity when it has dropped in many others. Watch his 4th quarter against Richmond, it was absolutely fantastic. He was at the bottom of packs, scrambling it out to our guys time after time. I think Lucas or Armfield should be the sub, providing a burst of energy late in the game

Sep 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Jets, Cleveland Browns
Collingwood got humiliated in the GF, and then smashed in R1 V Hawks, and barely got across the line against Richmond. I would have thought Pies have a lot more to prove. Are you really a "top-4 side" in 2012?

:)

I think we'll show you the answer tomorrow night. ;)

Blueboys7

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pheonix Suns
Highly doubt Curnow will be sub.

If you watch closely you will notice how much of the grunt work he does, he really adds a lot to the midfield.

Spot on.

A lot of his work goes unnoticed, but he has been super in the way he's gone about it so far this season. He always puts his body on the line and works as hard as he can to get us the win.

Underrated IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back