Preview Rnd 3 - Carlton v Fremantle Sunday 4th April 3.20PM @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
my mistake, kindly explain how you came up with 70% efficiency.
my point is those two players are not leading by example, the glearing negative stat is tackles...forwards MUST apply pressure...both are slow and neither are capable of applying constant foot speed pressure. we would be better of playing Honey, Cottrell, Philp or Owies in the position Murphy’s playing and McDonald or Jones in Casboult’s position. Put Casboult behind the ball, he has played well there...doesn’t need leg speed just plain old fashioned body contact and a big fist.
100 - 30 is 70 last time I checked.

Healy & Brown are a couple of the fairer commentators and were very specific on Plowman’s positioning and how he lost de Goey ...

While Plow could have done more, like playing in front and having his forearm across his opponent's chest, De Goey would put space between him and the majority of defenders, even the likes of a Jones.

Close up that space, slow the entries down, fill the hole and he becomes less effective, prevent, not fix

As I said, watch the first qtr and take note of Willo's positioning

The young players most are talking about have been in the system 4/5 years now.
They should be fully up to speed with what’s required and ready to step up. It’s not throwing them to the wolves at all. Swans have a group of 19 yr olds absolutely killing, and yet our group of 22/23 year olds are to young to handle it?
Think you’re completely wrong.

Do you really think the club thinks our 22/23 year olds are too young to handle it?

The same club that has played a 21 year old Fogarty in all games and has just included a 19 year old Parks and a 21 year old rookie in Cotterell before selecting those 22/23 year olds.

I tend to think those selections give a fair indication of what the club see as their talents, don't think age is a factor.

Have a look at the Pies first 3 of 4 goals, Willo is playing the loose 7th defender and is all at sea.

Doesn't get in the right position to impact the marks inside 50, which was his role, yet people are still blaming Plow

As for an early indication as to the Teague gameplan, Williams wins the first clearance, handballs to Saad running past. Rather than using a free Newnes on the wing, he bangs it long (like he normally does) to a crowded forward 50

Willo was s**t and got what he deserved. Plowman was s**t and I hope he bounces back today. You have continued to give Plow a leave pass all week. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt cos I like ya....and presume you mean to balance the ship against a what you see as excessive negativity. And you have a bee in your bonnet about game style which is also understandable. I don’t think you mean in any way to say Plowman’s performance was even ‘satisfactory’.

So I’ll do an Arrow here to clarify (an ‘Arrow’ is cornering someone with a binary black or white question btw. 😁): Without changing the subject, without obfuscation, distraction, diversion or any other tactic, can you please answer this with a yes or no:

Did Plowman play a satisfactory game?

Paneboy. Peace out.

😁💪

Weiters is a long way from SOS. SOS played as a key forward as a teenager. I think in under 17 Teal Cup team he and Gary Lyon played as key forwards. So if he ever shifted forward it was a craft he was used to and not something completely new to him. Weiters is a key back and always has been. I'm sure he can kick 2 or 3 forward if playing there a bit but his best work is as a key back. He never going to be capable of 8 or 10 goals bags up forward like SOS could. Plus we do not have luxury of even trying Weiters key forward as we now not got many key defender options after they stop developing Macreadie and Ben Silvagni there. We also had Hugh Goddard that was basically just back up for injuries. Now we have to hope Marchbank gets back from injury and hope neither of Weiters or Jones gets injured.
It was just a hypothetical response to the post amigo - I wasn't suggesting Weiters should move forward.

Willo was sh*t and got what he deserved. Plowman was sh*t and I hope he bounces back today. You have continued to give Plow a leave pass all week. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt cos I like ya....and presume you mean to balance the ship against a what you see as excessive negativity. And you have a bee in your bonnet about game style which is also understandable. I don’t think you mean in any way to say Plowman’s performance was even ‘satisfactory’.

So I’ll do an Arrow here to clarify (an ‘Arrow’ is cornering someone with a binary black or white question btw. 😁): Without changing the subject, without obfuscation, distraction, diversion or any other tactic, can you please answer this with a yes or no:

Paneboy. Peace out.

😁💪

Yes

All good/great organizations question what they are doing, underperforming ones that need change, successful ones that need change to stay ahead of their competitors

We have no idea from the outside, do our assistants question the current status, or do they just toe the line of Teague's mantra.

Ultimately, which ever is in existence, Teague has the final say, unless of course this is being driven by those above him, then we have greater issues.
Problem for us as fans is we get zero insight from Teague. Love or hate Bucks we have to acknowledge he gives insight. You can see what’s going wrong and what he’s trying to do to fix it. Teague is becoming addicted to platitudes in the same way his predecessor did and it leaves the fans bewildered and concerned.

I would like him to explain I’m detail why we apply no pressure. Show some insight. Because if all you have is ‘we need to bring the effort’ then frankly any old dill could be coach. May as well get the Under 9 coach from Frankston to take over.

Nah it’s more nuanced. The worry is you (Teague) don’t see why.

Arrow thinks it’s structures. I think it’s ‘too many weak links’ in the pressure chain. Could be both. Either way, if we lose today (or just fall in, or lose next week for that matter) due to the same pressure problem that has plagued us for a long time.....please explain WHY. Properly. Please outline a plan to fix it.

that would be leadership.

Cas looked like he didnt want to be there since round one...also played as such
obviously he can play injured with that knee and they have to have him in for ruck relief
T DE K .......please

No reason we can't play Levi in defence where he's proven to be quite effective, and put Jones forward. Would reduce the amount of running Levi would have to do id imagine.

Willo was sh*t and got what he deserved. Plowman was sh*t and I hope he bounces back today. You have continued to give Plow a leave pass all week. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt cos I like ya....and presume you mean to balance the ship against a what you see as excessive negativity. And you have a bee in your bonnet about game style which is also understandable. I don’t think you mean in any way to say Plowman’s performance was even ‘satisfactory’.

Paneboy. Peace out.

😁💪
Liked for obfuscation. Where is he by the way?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with our older cohort is that Levi can hardly move, Ed is not tagging, and Murphy is providing zero pressure. It's very different from what Sydney are getting from the likes of Kennedy.
It makes perfect sense for Ed to tag Mundy or Brayshaw today. Why would we let one of them pick up 30+ when we can keep them ineffective with Ed tagging. Our coach is a ******* idiot.

No reason we can't play Levi in defence where he's proven to be quite effective, and put Jones forward. Would reduce the amount of running Levi would have to do id imagine.
With the way game being played cas would be badly exposed in defense taking a key forward ..

Haha just before our ill fated loss against the Suns when Ratts lost his job, i saw the boys at the airport.
(I was flying to Sydney to play a few shows with my band).

I happened to find myself in the same newsagent as Ed and wished him all the best.
I said , "youll smash em!".

Hope i didn't put the moz on em!.

I will say Murph was really friendly and greeted me as i walked in his general direction.
Took me by surprise really, but he was one of very few that wasn't soaking up the eyes, so to speak.
Great bloke.
But i digress.

Ive just made it a rule not to approach players pre game anymore haha (when it comes to footy, im quite superstitious)
Not that the opportunity presents regularly anyway haha

GO BAGGERS
Saw Ed Curnow sitting on the beach at Bells this morning. With his dog in a Zen moment I think.

Took all my strength not to approach him and yell ‘we need a ******* win !!!”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Perhaps OMac was better equiped to play that role in the last 2 weeks, today

Been a staunch supporter of Levi, but he is clearly hampered by his knee injury
I agree and it seemed pretty obvious that levi was struggling so why does the MC persevere with levi?

im assuming there is something we arent aware of. otherwise how is possible that a group of professional coaches miss something this obvious to the masses? why would they continue playing an injured guy who is also out of form imo when we have a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back