Preview Rnd 3 - Carlton v Fremantle Sunday 4th April 3.20PM @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sydney's kids look fantastic no doubt, but they have been playing 3-4 30+ year olds each game this year (Reid is also nearly 30). We have had 4, 4 and 5 with the inclusion of Betts today. Fairly similar.

The problem with our older cohort is that Levi can hardly move, Ed is not tagging, and Murphy is providing zero pressure. It's very different from what Sydney are getting from the likes of Kennedy.

Swans are play a great balance of tempo footy, always been well structured

A nice mindset change from horse
That willingness to change balanced with confidence in his processes is what makes a coach. Teagues clearly confident in his processes as he's been fairly rigid so far. He has to show some ability to change and adapt though.

Good assistants do wonders for thst though.

I think a loss today will cause big headaches for Teague.

I see a lot of people calling for youth here, but we need to understand that there needs to be a balance. You don't want to be playing 22 young blokes out there and getting smashed week in week out. However, in saying that I actually don't think Murphy offers anything at all. I think many have gone past him and think the club are carrying him to his 300, but to do this at the expense of the fans who have been crying out for a taste of success is frustrating.

I have a bad feeling about today. I hope I am wrong. Go blues.

guys like Cunningham and Kennedy are not kids anymore

The problem with our older cohort is that Levi can hardly move, Ed is not tagging, and Murphy is providing zero pressure. It's very different from what Sydney are getting from the likes of Kennedy.
I want to say good youth has positive effects on the older guys too. Kennedy was being run out of town by the fans the last season and a bit. More than half were dreading watching Franklin play injured for another season as well.

That good old core is no better than what we have at our disposal really because at the end of the day it doesn't really matter, the coaches need to provide a winning/sustainable game plan. Swans have theirs, we don't. Personnel changes between Murphy and Cuningham for example won't change too much long term.

Dunno. I am not inside Teague's mind. Instinct says pressure from around him to win and therefore go with experience...
Yes think so too regard experience .
Trouble is for right now wasnt when he took over i think its now to our detriment regard winning.
SInce weve now lost 7 of our past 8 premiership games dating to last season by playing the safe option .
Imo the team now is screaming out for an injection of youth Parks is a start but they need to go further .
Stocker Cuningham the obvious choices .
Teague rejigged the side when he took over needs to be bold now and not the safe path because some of his older senior players are letting him and the side down imo .

Been our major problem with the rebuild imo. No where near enough quality senior players. Couple that with poor development of the youngsters and we are back to square 1.

Saw Ed Curnow sitting on the beach at Bells this morning. With his dog in a Zen moment I think.

Took all my strength not to approach him and yell ‘we need a f#$&ing win !!!”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So a 2 hour drive is good prep he reckons? Wonder if he decides to arrive 4 minutes before the game

So you'll be disappointed win or lose? Why bother?

Have to look for the little things - Parks’ first game is what today has going for it.

Like all of us, I stick with the Blues through thick and thin and the reality is that this is the situation we find ourselves in... again. More to gain by acknowledging that we do a lot wrong, than pretending otherwise. I assume that at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later, team selections will start reflecting a team building for premiership success rather than middle of the road finishes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the negativity on here of late is disappointing. It's smart to critique, it's another thing entirely to berate our own players. Chin up, it's a new game.
On the other hand sounds like the coach (Teague) has been for the last week doing exactly that (berating) the players ? .

Last edited:
Yes think so too regard experience .
Trouble is for right now wasnt when he took over i think its now to our detriment regard winning.
SInce weve now lost 7 of our past 8 premiership games dating to last season by playing the safe option .
Imo the team now is screaming out for an injection of youth Parks is a start but they need to go further .
Stocker Cuningham the obvious choices .
Teague rejigged the side when he took over needs to be bold now and not the safe path because some of his older senior players are letting him and the side down imo .
Yes. We've seen what enthusiasm can do for a team ..Swans yesterday.
They lift the older players.
Another reason I wanted Omac is enthusiasm like Jack brings. Fish has it...but he's out.

Last edited:
It’s inevitable that at stages today, Cripps will be moved up forward. For the love of God, I hope they’ve run through leads and positioning with him up forward because last week he was looking like a witch’s hat in the forward 50. Don’t get in H’s way.
When he’s not onball take him off the ground. If he plays 50-60% TOG then so be it.

That willingness to change balanced with confidence in his processes is what makes a coach. Teagues clearly confident in his processes as he's been fairly rigid so far. He has to show some ability to change and adapt though.

Good assistants do wonders for thst though.

All good/great organizations question what they are doing, underperforming ones that need change, successful ones that need change to stay ahead of their competitors

We have no idea from the outside, do our assistants question the current status, or do they just toe the line of Teague's mantra.

Ultimately, which ever is in existence, Teague has the final say, unless of course this is being driven by those above him, then we have greater issues.

His legacy is diminishing by the week.
Cant the bloody club see this?
AFL tables ave stats 2021after 3 games.
Murphy - 16kicks, 7marks, 13handballs and 4 tackles...at least 30% of his kicks and handballs are ineffective.
Casboult - 13kicks, 2marks, 2handballs, 2 tackles and 1goal.
If either/both are selected for experience/leadership neither are delivering.

I think a loss today will cause big headaches for Teague.

I see a lot of people calling for youth here, but we need to understand that there needs to be a balance. You don't want to be playing 22 young blokes out there and getting smashed week in week out. However, in saying that I actually don't think Murphy offers anything at all. I think many have gone past him and think the club are carrying him to his 300, but to do this at the expense of the fans who have been crying out for a taste of success is frustrating.

I have a bad feeling about today. I hope I am wrong. Go blues.
The young players most are talking about have been in the system 4/5 years now.
They should be fully up to speed with what’s required and ready to step up. It’s not throwing them to the wolves at all. Swans have a group of 19 yr olds absolutely killing, and yet our group of 22/23 year olds are to young to handle it?
Think you’re completely wrong.

There will/ has to be be fire and brimstone today........ I cant wait.

Tackling with intent to hurt, attack on ball in a straight line with ferocity.

I dont even mind the odd 50 for going a little over the top!!!!!

Nothing short of this is acceptable!!!!
Come on Blue boys show us you are hurting and respond!!! :mad:

Easter Sunday is the day to do it .

AFL tables ave stats 2021after 3 games.
Murphy - 16kicks, 7marks, 13handballs and 4 tackles...at least 30% of his kicks and handballs are ineffective.
Casboult - 13kicks, 2marks, 2handballs, 2 tackles and 1goal.
If either/both are selected for experience/leadership neither are delivering.
We’ve only played 2 games and 70% efficiency is good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back