AFL Toast RND 4: 13 behind WIN Against the Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looking at the first clearance and goal of the game. Josh Kelly gets a handball (throw) off to Coniglio, where parish and Merrett are both instantly drawn to, who kicks it forward where Kelly has run unattended to recieve the handball and kick a goal. Someone from the centre bounce simply had to stick with him and not be drawn to where he had already disposed of the ball. A player as good as Kelly should be borderline tagged every week

Good to get the win but I won't be watching this replay 😂
Hahaha I didn't watch it. I read through what you guys were posting that was enough for me. This team had taken a toll on me over the last 50 years. that's but not as much of a toll as the umpires in the last 20. I just can't watch the game live I get to friggin angry

Just looking at the first clearance and goal of the game. Josh Kelly gets a handball (throw) off to Coniglio, where parish and Merrett are both instantly drawn to, who kicks it forward where Kelly has run unattended to recieve the handball and kick a goal. Someone from the centre bounce simply had to stick with him and not be drawn to where he had already disposed of the ball. A player as good as Kelly should be borderline tagged every week
I liked the two rugby throws leading up to Himmelberg's last goal near the end. 4 umpires and they still can't pick a throw.

Not the worst umpired game I’ve seen but the most non-calls I can remember. Absolutely bizarre. It makes me wonder which teams benefit from very loose application of HTB and marks because usually such a shift in umpiring is meant to benefit particular sides in the league or curb others.

Must say, the 2:10 Sunday game is much better than the 3pm start. I can actually watch the whole game and then cook dinner afterwards.
I put mine in the slow cooker at lunch, nice to do that.

damn me dead. It ain’t hard. To win football games you need to kick between the middle posts! Phillips would be be among the best if he kicked straight, Stringer would be a superstar if he kicked 8, Draper needs to bag the marks in front,
Menzies/Davies is no good to us unless they bags goals. Scott needs to work on this!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha I didn't watch it. I read through what you guys were posting that was enough for me. This team had taken a toll on me over the last 50 years. that's but not as much of a toll as the umpires in the last 20. I just can't watch the game live I get to friggin angry
you just gotta let go. it's a game. the umpires are like multi-ball in a way too. it's just random.

Not the worst umpired game I’ve seen but the most non-calls I can remember. Absolutely bizarre. It makes me wonder which teams benefit from very loose application of HTB and marks because usually such a shift in umpiring is meant to benefit particular sides in the league or curb others.
2 last night were streaks ahead worse.

Scrappy game, but nice we wrestled the win.
Heppell was great, proved he has a place. Let's see how this year pans out.
Philips and Draper work great. Please don't drop Philips.
Dons wayward kicking probably made this closer than it should have been. Credit to GWS, they played hard and have a great spine in that playing group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back