AFL Toast RND 4: 13 behind WIN Against the Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the game. Sloppy sloppy sloppy win and lucky to get away with that really. Phillips and Draper worked their arses off. I wasn't impressed with Heppell's inclusion but he was pretty solid I thought.

I was stoked that we hung in there in spite of the mucking about inside 50. Defence seems to be keeping us in the game and we seem to be gaining in confidence from it.

Besides probably their first two years the giants are as bad as they have ever been, hard to fathom.

And they’re probably softer today than they have ever been. Bunch of squibs and a good side would have put them away by 10 goals with ease.

Finn Callaghan has a looooong way to go, wafts around with no intensity and his kicks go about a kilometre straight up.

Nothing to say about us, we didn’t learn anything.

Last edited:

Besides probably their first two years the giants are as bad as they have ever been, hard to fathom.

And they’re probably softer today than they have ever been. Bunch of squibs and a good side would have put them away by 10 goals with ease. And Finn Callaghan has a looooong way to go, wafts around with no intensity and his kicks go about a kilometre straight up.

Nothing to say about us, we didn’t learn anything.

Pressure rating came up on the coverage today and it was in the lower end of poor which is when we seem to play our best footy. Think back to the Lions upset win last year, the hawks win this year, this week. We love to galavant around with little to no pressure like millionaires.

Pressure rating came up on the coverage today and it was in the lower end of poor which is when we seem to play our best footy. Think back to the Lions upset win last year, the hawks win this year, this week. We love to galavant around with little to no pressure like millionaires.

It’s always going to be poor under the roof with two sides basically kicking it to each other given what the pressure gauge actually measures.

We exerted pressure through a very rigid structure that they struggled to unlock and halted their transition of the footy.

Ugly game but it is always nice to get a win. Might be a few more weeks before the boys even get a sniff to sing the song. Our first month was the easiest part of our draw and we have come through 3-1.. can't ask for much more than that.

Poor goal kicking is poor footy and I hope that Scott finally addresses it. We are so wasteful in front of goals.

Playing 2 ruck simply must be the gameplan for us, Draper looks much better when he gets a rest and we need that tall option up forward.

Heppell was ok but I still would be playing Hobbs. I also think we need a bit more pace around the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m just staggered that Ray Chamberlain was an umpire in a game like that. How can “Razor” get his airtime if he’s not paying a stack of frees?
i don't know and frankly i don't know how he can still be an umpire when it seems like his sole purpose is to try and be the center of attention at all times

I’m in the minority I think…..but thought there was plenty to like today.

• Zone seems well organised.
  • Our work by hand, handling and distributing, is vastly cleaner and quicker than we have seen for years.
  • Seemed to apply constant frontal pressure across the field.

I really liked some of Menzies stuff today - he is a natural, high IQ footballer.

Flip was Flip - he gives you everything he has. His size and power are underrated - he is an enormous unit. In fact, he’s an underrated footballer in general.

Not going to complain about a low free kick game. Umps call way too many frees as it is. Game isn't about them.
The game doesn’t have to be about them to pay decisions that are there to be paid. The ‘just let them play’ rhetoric is dumb, if it’s a clear free kick, pay it. There were plenty of clear holding the ball and holding the man decisions that were just let go.

Can anyone tell me what happened with that Merrett goal to point? Did they actually use a snickometer? Is that a thing now?

Can anyone tell me what happened with that Merrett goal to point? Did they actually use a snickometer? Is that a thing now?
Yes and yes, they call it edge

Edge Wwe Meme GIF

The game doesn’t have to be about them to pay decisions that are there to be paid. The ‘just let them play’ rhetoric is dumb, if it’s a clear free kick, pay it. There were plenty of clear holding the ball and holding the man decisions that were just let go.
If they are 50/50 calls, let it go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back