Autopsy Rnd 4 - Blues beat Bombers by 1 point

Remove this Banner Ad

DirtyLeeds Are you as hyped as me right now? What a night #MOT 💛💙
Elmer, Leeds remind me so much of Carlton , Fulham were all over them, Phillips (Crippa) held, Hernandez (Eddie) puts an unbelievable pass through to Jack Harrison (Cunners) who goals and seals the deal. Luton Town!! Yeah Na only 15 more points to go :cool: :cool:

We complain about the goal kicking but a certain level of credit needs to be given to *.

They blocked up the forward central corridor and made the space out wide. The majority of misses were 50/50 chances at best, and we even got goals from a couple of absolute crackers. Where as they got their limited chances from easy 30-35m shots, directly in front. Even in the third, when we had the opportunity to get an easy shot, we fluffed the kick.

On AFL 360 either last week or the week before they asked Jordan Lewis if the Hawks ever targeted a player (in response to GWS targeting Bont) and he said they did it pretty much every week. There's certainly still a place in the game for testing the mettle of the opposition.

This was a feature in our best wins under Bolton, before the side's confidence evaporated - the whole-team jobs on Motlop and Mills in 2017 were a joy to watch.

Going to watch the replay again later today and tonight. How much fun is it watching Essendon lose by a point.
I’ve watched the first quarter. Once I can wrestle the remote off Mrs Robbo I’ll watch the rest. I’m looking forward to studying the interesting bits in greater detail.

We complain about the goal kicking but a certain level of credit needs to be given to *.

They blocked up the forward central corridor and made the space out wide. The majority of misses were 50/50 chances at best, and we even got goals from a couple of absolute crackers. Where as they got their limited chances from easy 30-35m shots, directly in front. Even in the third, when we had the opportunity to get an easy shot, we fluffed the kick.

We missed a lot of easy shots

Setters has super quick hands. I’ve like his body of work since the games resumed.
Stays on his feet in contests, able to free his hands to dispose, never spills the ball when gang tackled and is an exceptional tackler. With these attributes dont understand why we play him on the wing as his kicking is average.

Stays on his feet in contests, able to free his hands to dispose, never spills the ball when gang tackled and is an exceptional tackler. With these attributes dont understand why we play him on the wing as his kicking is average.

It was his opportunity to go into the middle against the * - with their relatively small bodied mids.

He did a lot better, but has to do more work inside and gain more confidence in his ability to win these contests.

Stocks are rising. :thumbsu:

Love this :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

106185948_3269440866420144_5152234745943721026_n.jpg

There was a moment in I think the 3rd quarter, where the ball was in dispute and within the space of 10 seconds both Pitto and Levi made intentional aggressive hits on Essendon players around the ball.... From memory I don't even think we ended up winning the possession, but to me it was a sign. Two 100kg big men, who don't mind physically intimidating opposition players... it's been a long long time that we've had players like that. When you have a few enforcers around, the whole team walks taller.

I found myself smiling ear to ear just watching it.
Solid post.

Even more solid username.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Squeezed in a rewatch, and as much as he's been getting plenty of recognition....Jacob ******* Weitering!

Dead set, not only did he not concede a goal, I actually don't think he conceded a contest all night. Every time the ball went near him, he won it or killed it.
That first year of the rebuild is looking like a goldmine of enduring talent.

On AFL 360 either last week or the week before they asked Jordan Lewis if the Hawks ever targeted a player (in response to GWS targeting Bont) and he said they did it pretty much every week. There's certainly still a place in the game for testing the mettle of the opposition.
It's something that, while Bolton's gone, I'd like us to use from time to time.

There's something to be said for getting a good player to refocus from their game and on their outrage at you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back