AFL Toast Rnd 4: Bombers tame the Lions

chrisdon16

@AFLsystembet
Mar 20, 2013
Launceston, TAS
AFL Club
Essendon
Amazing what some confidence does! Unbelievable turn around from only two weeks ago. Watching the saints game was literally rock bottom. Biggest mistake the boys can make now is complacency, gotta keep working hard! Crazy we could be 3-2 heading to Anzac Day.

Mitch Brown is such an impressive runner. He works so hard often for no return but he leads hard right up to the wing to provide an outlet for defence. He was my BOG for the day.

And how’s this for a laugh; according to the tracking data, Mark Baguley recorded our highest sprint speed for the day at 31.7 km/h

Was there a reason the team wasn't wearing black armbands in memory of Jim Daniher?

News likely came in too late. They’ll wear them against North Melbourne as per the family’s wishes.

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
Goddamn it Whoosha, ******* terrible selections, what a disgrace. This ******* club
Complaining about people complaining about selections after a win. That’s almost as boring as complaining about someone complaining about people complaining about selections...oh wait...

This place is a grave yard after a win!

You sooks enjoy losing!!!

Wooooooo go bombers!!!
Maybe they're all drunk, glorious leader

TaylorMade

All Australian
Aug 27, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Well played Today. Bombers way too good and whilst the Lions were a bit down Today your mob was easily the best of the 4 teams we have played this year. Really frightening when the bombers turn the ball over and the speed in which you can move it back down the other end of the field. Made our defensive work in the middle of the ground, particularly in the first half look pretty ordinary.

Fair turn around from your first 2 games. Good luck for the rest of the season.

So happy was a brilliant win and Tippa holy s**t what a game also fans were dancing in stands when he kicked his 7th.
I didn't hear the siren over the crowd when he kicked it

Jacques_

Senior List
Jun 22, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Well played Today. Bombers way too good and whilst the Lions were a bit down Today your mob was easily the best of the 4 teams we have played this year. Really frightening when the bombers turn the ball over and the speed in which you can move it back down the other end of the field. Made our defensive work in the middle of the ground, particularly in the first half look pretty ordinary.

Fair turn around from your first 2 games. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Love the look of your list, definitely my adopted 2nd team :thumbsu:

How is this only four pages you bunch of maniacs
I wrote a 2000 word essay on the toilet at work on Friday, within which I outlined my feelings about our narrow loss to the Lions this weekend and identified the selection panel, the coaching staff and the s**t flavours of gatorade being served to the boys on the field as being contributing factors. Alas, my report is now worthless because we won and I can't write new material until I go back to work on Monday so I can sit on the throne of shitposting again.

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
This place is a grave yard after a win!

You sooks enjoy losing!!!

Wooooooo go bombers!!!

There's no doubt the review thread is like 5x longer following a loss. Although most of it is just people complaining about not playing the kids, Worsfold being a crap coach and Essington. Oh and my favourite are the posts where every loss brings us back to our lack of success over the last 15 or so years - which I personally find to be quite uplifting.

Back