Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
:carlton: V :essendon:

Looks like next week is going ahead at this stage.

Ins & Outs ... go for it

No changes for me!

ferrisb 's Preview

I am supposed to be doing the preview this week, but am swamped at work.

I will do a proper preview in time, but for now...

1) It's *, so.... **** them.
2) They may lose several players to isolation. See point 1
3) * have been playing decent footy in 2020, so this would have been a challenge for us if they were full strength
4) Looking at their possible ins/outs, it's not quite as dire for them as you would think. Their backup defenders aren't disastrous. Possibly losing Merrett would be as big a loss for them as any of Hurley/Hooker/Saad. Heppel out too.
5) I think Weiters and Jones easily have Stewart and McKernan covered. On the flip side, Fantasia and AMT are the types that typically cause us trouble.
6) I think Ambrose is an excellent defender and a perfect matchup (for them) for McGovern. I think Levi annihilates Zerk-Thatcher and Harry may be too good for Francis who is talented but patchy and is giving away a lot of height
7) Will be interested to see how Pittonet goes against Bellchambers. I think that could be a win for us, but TBC is crafty and could put up a fight
8) Midfield is interesting. Smith and Shiel are very good, Parish is decent. I think their cupboard is a bit bare after that (especially without Merrett and Heppel), but they somehow manage to perform above what looks like an ordinary mix on paper.
9) In theory their midfield is very outside, although they have performed admirably in clearances and contested possessions so far this year. Cripps badly lowered his colours last year to NKOTB Dylan Clarke in what I suspect may have had something to do with Bolton's last days. I don't expect lightning to strike twice > Watch for Cripps to get 30 touches, 20 contested, 10+ clearances and multiple goals.

TL,DR: I hate *. Assuming they lose isolation players, I expect we will have too many weapons for their backline (and to a lesser extent midfield) to deal with. Cripps will go beast mode and we will win comfortably.

Blues by eleventy five hundred points.

Here’s hoping McKenna spent that training session with Shiel, Merrett, Tipungwuti, Hooker, Stringer and Bellchambers.

Not too far away as for the quality involved, if what the Essendon board are suggesting;
Adam Saad, Cale Hooker, Michael Hurley, Matt Guelfi, Jordan Ridley and Mason Redman.

Hard to discuss possible changes, when one can't view what would have been VFL matches.
Emergencies may be the same as per this week; Honey, Philp, Kennedy and Lang.

No point rushing Fisher in for this one. Won't happen.

looking like a reasonably dry day for next Saturday, potentially no Hooker, Hurley or Saad - we might have to hear the commentators dribbling about Carlton kicking over 100 points again.

In the theme of Teague’s “belief” mindset, this could be the game McKay kicks 7 and believes he can be anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think the AFL will take the risk others in full training weren’t exposed, not just the weights session. Could you imagine the outcry if they played and 2 clubs became exposed.

Some other team will get the luck of them not being able to train and locked up at home for up to 2 weeks.

I’ll be very surprised if we are playing a game next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

looking like a reasonably dry day for next Saturday, potentially no Hooker, Hurley or Saad - we might have to hear the commentators dribbling about Carlton kicking over 100 points again.

In the theme of Teague’s “belief” mindset, this could be the game McKay kicks 7 and believes he can be anything.
Or they say they've had more exposure than the 6 listed to date and can't field a team.

I don’t think the AFL will take the risk others in full training weren’t exposed, not just the weights session. Could you imagine the outcry if they played and 2 clubs became exposed.

Some other team will get the luck of them not being able to train and locked up at home for up to 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We still may play...but not Essendon they might shuffle the fixture around....

who knows

I guess there is the really extreme option of AFL make them forfeit their games against Melbourne and Carlton and we get the 4 points each and play a practice game against each other next weekend.

It is sounding like Connor was just careless so they probably in no mood to be lenient on Dons given one player was already suspended for not following protocols.

Must admit I do fear for Connor mentally as will cop heaps over this. Was dumb of him but he young and nothing sinister.
I doubt he will ever play AFL again if this is as bad as I am expecting and he suspended the rest of season.
Hope people do not go too hard on him and he keeps away from social media.

not according to what I’ve read/heard today.

if they have 22 plus 3 x emergencies they must play us next weekend.

Demons game will be rescheduled - not ours.
And this is where the shortened quarters come into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back