Preview Rnd 4 - Carlton v GC Sunday 14th April 2.40PM @ Metricon Stadium - Final Team - Post #1332

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I'm rather alone in having low expectations about this match and its importance.

Sure, it's winnable, but seriously, GC has 2 wins on the board and were 2 points from a third. They aren't going too badly, and they're at home. This game is a fairly tough ask for any side from about 9th on the ladder down. Annoyed at Niall's article too - a fairly obvious attempt to feed controversy about Bolton. I just want to see four quarters of 100% effort. If we do that, the rest will fall into place.

We are on the brink of giving our high potential number 1 pick to Adelaide.

If thats the case and it materialises, to me someone isn't doing their job.

What's wrong with trading pick 1 for picks 2 and 16, when 16 was in a super draft. Looks good business to me

I think SOS traded it on the belief the team would improve and win games this year and move up the ladder he said as much in an interview after draft night.

So, it cant be really twisted now. I actually agree with the deal as it applies pressure on the on field group to perform.

I think SOS traded it on the belief the team would improve and win games this year and move up the ladder he said as much in an interview after draft night.

So, it cant be really twisted now. I actually agree with the deal as it applies pressure on the on field group to perform.
No twisting involved. You're making a judgement after 3 and a bit rounds. So was I. Both are equally valid, and equally stupid as we don't know where we (or Adelaide) are going to finish yet.

What if end up with 2 or 3 wins. Still happy? Shouldn’t be. Unless mediocrity is as accepted as a premier league relegation club.

Lions only won 5 games last year, but became more competitive and attracted good players

There is a difference between being in a hurry and impatient

No twisting involved. You're making a judgement after 3 and a bit rounds. So was I. Both are equally valid, and equally stupid as we don't know where we (or Adelaide) are going to finish yet.

True - if ball movement and game plan doesnt improve and players dont start to play with confidence and instinct I seriously dont think much will change whether we win today or not.

True - if ball movement and game plan doesnt improve and players dont start to play with confidence and instinct I seriously dont think much will change whether we win today or not.
Fair enough concerns but let's keep the extrapolating until we've seen a few more games. Footy is too volatile for basic fitting of straight lines to apparent data trends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the local bakery ran out of croissants this morning and I am now missing out on some entitlement - I blame Carlton!!!

Sack the Barker … errr Baker ....

I'm very pessimistic about this game and only think we win by 43 points.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back