Preview Rnd 4 - Carlton v Gold Coast, Saturday 10th Apr Metricon Stadium 7:25pm - Team post #931

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win or not last week I'd love to see the match committee play some players that actually have shown a bit in the 2's recently.
Time to rest a couple old blokes and Dow just needs to go back and get some form.
Casboult not fit and liability when ball on ground , Murphy as many score involvements he's had still think he lacks that high tempo pressure needed in our fwd line .
GC have a young quick side and if we let them release off their HB line will score heavily against us on their dung heap.

OUT: Casboult,Murphy,Dow
IN: McGovern,Stocker,Kennedy

McGovern 3.2 last week in 2's in a half of footy he also tackles hard and puts pressure on ball carrier replaces Casboult.
Kennedy bigger/better mark over head and can help out in centre if needed and can kick goals replaces Murphy
Stocker time to reward his efforts in the seconds adds more mongrel and heaps quicker can also kick goals replaces Dow

Setterfield to stay in 2's and play in middle and get some confidence back in his game with Dow.
Jesus enough with dropping Murphy!

Set aside other players and or needs for the moment

Gov is extremely talented but hasn't shown any form of grit or consistency

At his best, he is a starter, but nothing wrong with another full run at the lower level

Having said that, think he comes in for Dow
Here here arrow Arr0w

Let McGovern earn his spot. Needs to start to contribute for 4 quarters.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

McGovern may not have done enough to earn his spot, but has Levi done enough to keep his spot?
Speaking solely output-wise, I'd think playing McGovern would give us a better % of winning than if we played with Casboult.
Whether one or the other deserves to play is another question altogether I reckon.

Last edited:
McGovern may not have done enough to earn his spot, but has Levi done enough to keep his spot?
Speaking solely output-wise, I'd think playing McGovern would give us a better % of winning than if we played with Casboult.
Whether one or the other deserves to play is another questions altogether I reckon.
McDonald has grabbed his opportunity and made sweet love to it. Sat on the pine for a fortnight...give the man a chance...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's see them do it against the stronger teams. All good beating up on an injury-plagued Freo.

I see it as a positive compared to recent years, where we were more likely to beat a better side when the pressure was off us to win, than we were to beat a lesser side , where there was an expectation to win. Take 2020 for example, beating the cats, dogs. all but beating port, but went down to other sides where we were expected to win

I think it comes down to them not having faith in Dow to carry the load as the 5th mid last week. Eventually they handed that over to Fog. The more I have thought about it the more certain I am they decided they were dropping him during the game last week.

The question is who replaces as 5th mid? Really only Fog or Setters. I guess it will come down to how fit MCG is. If fit, then he will play forward and Fog will go into midfield. If not, then Settwrs will take the 5th mid spot and Fog will stay forward.

Fog was really good in the centre bounces I thought.

He's just cleaner than dow and sticks his tackles.

We also had ed back in there a fair bit back to his defensive role.

I think gibbons also got more midfield minutes and was good. Walsh heaped some praise on him in his recent interview saying he was a smart mid.

Gov is talented, but fickle and has periods of inactiveness during a game

Personally I would play him in the vfl for another week
Gov plays well when the game is shot. Gets hurt too easily, especially for someone that
chats a little too much on the ground. Has a body of an 18yo or a high jumper.

a flat track bully in every sense.
recruiters make mistakes, i get it , its another thing trying to cover it up hoping he'll come good

Like his brother LOL

Gov plays well when the game is shot. Gets hurt too easily, especially for someone that
chats a little too much on the ground. Has a body of an 18yo or a high jumper.

a flat track bully in every sense.
recruiters make mistakes, i get it , its another thing trying to cover it up hoping he'll come good

Like his brother LOL

Hope he makes you eat your words.

No one questions his output has been ordinary at the Blues thus far, but he would wee on Lukosius from a great height in a 1 on 1 contest.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back