Game Day RND 4: WCE v GWS Giants Stadium - 9.10am

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to get a win, horrendous timeslot and missed all of it as a result. Be interested to have a watch later and see if it looked any better than the last few weeks.
Our pressure was through the roof today.

Livin1989

Team Captain
May 17, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Nice to get a win, horrendous timeslot and missed all of it as a result. Be interested to have a watch later and see if it looked any better than the last few weeks.
Nearly everything looked better. Fundamentals, hitting targets with handballs, movement through traffic, chest marks etc. All looked markedly better today.

What really impressed me is the fact that we appear to have had a ******* plan for once. We did our homework and set up behind the ball in the corridor to take that aspect of GWS's playstyle away from them. Still need to sort out our F50 entries as they are miles away from anything that you could call cohesive.

SMac was switched on and had Staunton absolutely buggered all game, tackling like an absolute madwoman, Thomas is really standing up as a second season player down back for us. Sedge was so hard at the ball and hopefully her calf doesn't rule her out for the season 🥲 thought Hartill played a very good shutdown role despite being very new to the game, her physicality and positioning were much better this week, has good hands and height.

Sarah Lakay tapping down to Swanson and Co was beautiful to watch, big girl Lakay is coming along in leaps and bounds as a 19 yr old that has been thrust into taking nearly all of the rucking duties since Paz retired abruptly. Great overhead contested marking and tackling pressure was insane today. Swanson was absolutely solid leading our midfield brigade, McCarthy did her job and I thought Hooker was a little bit quiet today. Bluey Lewis is definitely doing her job, great strength through traffic and generally good ball use (except inside 50) 😬 needs a hosing for her undisciplined actions nearly costing us dearly.

I thought Western had a decent game albeit needs to gain some situational awareness. Brittons first game displayed she has agility, clean hands and footy smarts, can't wait to watch her develop. Ella Roberts was huge in patches, developing nicely.

Forwardline entry and structure needs a lot of work but delivery was also poor i50. Thought pressure was great across every line and the forwards were no different, we did supremely well to lock it in and apply scoreboard pressure all day.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Eagles have a women's team now? When did that happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad