AFL Toast Rnd 5: Bombers by 58 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont get me wrong I don't have an issue with players celebrating a bit.
It's just the over the top stuff when your smashing the opposition, that I dont like, I call it as i see it. A few GWS players did it to us in round 1 also. It's the same as a bowler giving a batsman a send off in cricket. You've done your job, you've beaten them, no need to rub salt into the wound.

Anyway. Back to talking about the win.

You might call it as you see it but that doesn’t mean you’re seeing it well.

Merret 39
Heppel 32
Shiel 36

If Smith was playing would have probably had over 30 disposals too.

Was a midfield demolition you would have to back to 2000 where we had 3 mids with over 30 disposals each
That trio is the strongest we’ve been in the middle since then as well
Supported by mcgrath, smith, myers, Zaka and parish (who is looking ready to click into gear this year) - this is the best our middle has been in a very long time.

giphy.gif

Thought i'd bam this one up when I noticed the sign had Essendon on it

Dont get me wrong I don't have an issue with players celebrating a bit.
It's just the over the top stuff when your smashing the opposition, that I dont like, I call it as i see it. A few GWS players did it to us in round 1 also. It's the same as a bowler giving a batsman a send off in cricket. You've done your job, you've beaten them, no need to rub salt into the wound.

Anyway. Back to talking about the win.
But it was nothing to do with Norf and everything to do with Joe kicking an awesome goal after a 12 month layoff. Nothing unsporting about it whatsoever

Merret 39
Heppel 32
Shiel 36

If Smith was playing would have probably had over 30 disposals too.

Was a midfield demolition you would have to back to 2000 where we had 3 mids with over 30 disposals each

I highly doubt we had more than 3 players get 30+ back in 2000 in a game. Some games we would've only had 3 players get 20+. We would've had a game last year where we had 3 players with over 30.

I highly doubt we had more than 3 players get 30+ back in 2000 in a game. Some games we would've only had 3 players get 20+. We would've had a game last year where we had 3 players with over 30.
I looked it up, there were zero games where we had 3 players get 30+ touches in 2000. Last year we had two, ironically both against Collingwood.

"No time for losers, because we are the champions" Queen said it best. Or "Winners are grinners, losers can please themselves" Vic Rail

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Hooker in 2017 celebrating by rubbing defender heads when kicking a bag.
- Stringer waving to the crowd in 2018 when kicking the sealer.
- Daniher on Good Friday jubilant in his return after kicking a couple of great goals.

Poor Norf.
It is great but it will still take a few more hammerings to erase the image of Drew Petrie kangaroo punching from my mind.

just watched the replay.

Almost Guelfi's best game for the club.
not ashamed to admit ive watched it twice since Friday.
whilst parish had some bad patched, he nailed some great tackles. One on Cunnington that he tried to fend off and gave away a free.
We should get Parish to shadow Smith as a learning curve. We could have another elite pressure mid on our hands. And one who, with some confidence, has elite disposal by foot in his bag of tricks.
Redman and Guelfi were excellent too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back